• A couple weird questions

I use Opera web browser. Something I’ve noticed of every distro, including Ubuntu, Manjara, and Antergos, is that with the gnome desktop environment Opera loses its minimize button when it’s maximized. This is why I don’t use Gnome. Does anyone know of a fix for that?

Also, is there a way to customize the screen I enter my password in during startup? I’m still playing around a lot so maybe I just haven’t got to it yet

• Yeah I don’t think I can do KDE…Too much set up. No matter what color scheme I use Libre office writer has a section just left of the middle of the screen where the color fades and you can’t make out the icons in the menu

• OK it stopped with oxygen theme…

• @Grahf So, I know with gnome 3, there’s a tool called gnome-tweak you can use to make sure those buttons stay I believe. I would play around with that, also reference to this buddy: reference

Sys01: Antergos + Mate; GTX 1070 + nvidia package :)
    Sys02: Antergos + Mate on Surface Pro 3

• @n_mag Thanks! I moved onto bigger and better things (KDE). I like it to far but the amount of customization is kind of insane…I could edit it for weeks.

• @Grahf said in A couple weird questions:

Also, is there a way to customize the screen I enter my password in during startup? I’m still playing around a lot so maybe I just haven’t got to it yet

Easy way is to remove LDM & install SDDM.
    SDDM is the replacement for KDM, and SDDM is recommended for KDE.

Steps are easy, do with SU rights

pacman -Rcns lightdm
    pacman -S sddm-kcm
    systemctl -f enable sddm

• @lmdz That worked! Now I have a different login screen. Pretty cool. The issue with the original one is that you have to press too many buttons to log into your account.

When my system is booting it mentions something about a non graphical boot. Does “non graphical boot” refer to booting to a command line or removing the startup screen to select booting to antergos and advanced options?

couple6 weird6 Posts 7Views 724