Hi again. I am sorry to bother but I have been trying on my own!
Before I got problems with wifi I had 2 packages that could not update: mate-menu and mate-applet-streamer. These 2 packages have been i the way since.
I few days ago I suddenly had problems with wifi. I changed driver from b43 to wl and got a faster connection. Problem solved I thought but today I noticed that even though it “looks” like I am connected I am not. I have changed back and back again. ifconfig, iwlist, ip link, doen´t show any errors. Very strange! The problem probably goes deeper than my knowledge.
Please try to give an old man a hint!