• Not booting after installation

Hello! Just did a fresh install of Antergos without any errors but when I reboot and try booting into the new system it hangs without getting to the desktop or the tty login. The last thing it displays before it hangs is:

brcms\_ops\_bcs\_info\_changed: arpfiltering : 1addresses(implement)

I did a fresh install (Erased entire disk) with Gnome selected as my desktop. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

If it helps I can provide a picture of how far into the boot process it gets (I probably messed up that message above, wrote it down too quickly). I don’t see anything from systemd scroll by in the boot process either.

EDIT:

Tried selecting the Fallback option in Grub but it still hung up in the same place so I took the opportunity to snap a picture of how far into the boot process it gets.

[url:qyira6uq]http://i.imgur.com/X62gLMg.jpg[/url:qyira6uq]

• Hello! Just did a fresh install of Antergos without any errors but when I reboot and try booting into the new system it hangs without getting to the desktop or the tty login. The last thing it displays before it hangs is:

brcms\_ops\_bcs\_info\_changed: arpfiltering : 1addresses(implement)

I did a fresh install (Erased entire disk) with Gnome selected as my desktop. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

If it helps I can provide a picture of how far into the boot process it gets (I probably messed up that message above, wrote it down too quickly). I don’t see anything from systemd scroll by in the boot process either.

EDIT:

Tried selecting the Fallback option in Grub but it still hung up in the same place so I took the opportunity to snap a picture of how far into the boot process it gets.

[url:qyira6uq]http://i.imgur.com/X62gLMg.jpg[/url:qyira6uq]

• Hi,

Try removing “quiet” from the kernel boot paramters. You can do that by pressing “e” on the grub menu. The line that you will be looking for is like this:

linux /vmlinuz-linux root=UUID=1234-random-\#'s rw quiet resume=UUID=1234-random-\#'s

After you remove “quiet” press F10 to boot. Let me know if there is additional output on the screen.

Cheers!

• @“lots.0.logs”:2051da96 said:

Hi,

Try removing “quiet” from the kernel boot paramters. You can do that by pressing “e” on the grub menu. The line that you will be looking for is like this:

linux /vmlinuz-linux root=UUID=1234-random-\#'s rw quiet resume=UUID=1234-random-\#'s

After you remove “quiet” press F10 to boot. Let me know if there is additional output on the screen.

Cheers![/quote:2051da96]

Thanks for the reply! I tried going with vanilla Arch but ran into some Grub2 problems but then I grabbed the Antergos testing image and installing via the CLI Installer gave me a working system. So far everything is working great, installed Nvidia drivers and just installed a package from the AUR. Loving my new system, a big thanks to you and everyone on the Antergos team!

Posts 4Views 1974