• Install via CLI/TTY?

Well, I’m sure this is covered someplace, but I can’t seem to find it, so I apologize.

I would like to install Antergos on my home media server, and for reasons I would like to do it via the terminal.

However, I’m not sure how to go about this or how to invoke the cli installer that I assume exists.

Thanks for any info!

• @noobforever Antergos doesn’t have CLI-only installer. Cnchi is its only graphical installer. Cnchi may be started from terminal, but it will open the graphical Cnchi window, and the installation will proceed in graphical mode.

• Hmm.

So my issue is that I can’t seem to boot to any graphical environment with this server. The issue started after a (long overdue) Lubuntu 14.04 update on Saturday. I wondered if it was an issue with the newer kernel, but even booting from older kernels didn’t seem to help.

Since then, every single live disc I’ve tried (and I’ve tried many) leaves me with a blinking cursor and black screen as soon as it tries to get into a graphical environment. Though I had no such issues when first installing Lubuntu about 2 years ago.

I’d been itching to get Antergos on this thing anyhow, so figured I’d just go with Antergos-base and no DE for now.

So what you are telling me is that no X = no install? In that case I may have to go with Arch, was just hoping to avoid the hassle.

• @noobforever said in Install via CLI/TTY?:

So what you are telling me is that no X = no install? In that case I may have to go with Arch, was just hoping to avoid the hassle.

Not exactly. Antergos-Minimal doesn’t install neither X nor any DE. It could be more suitable for your purposes.

I don’t use Antergos-Minimal because I can’t make Wi-Fi work with it. For me it’s faster and easier to install native Arch.

A very powerful and extremely highly configurable CLI-only installer, with a zillion installation options, is included in recent Architect release. It installs pure Arch, without any additional repos.

clitty1 Posts 4Views 938