• Using either Antergos or Debian on a work PC

Hello community!
    Apologizes if I have posted incorrectly
    So I have a little dilemma, I am wanting to switch to Linux on my work laptop but I am unsure of which distro to run with, the two are Debian or Antergos.

So my main application will be KVM to virtualise any windows items I may need which to be honest is not a lot.

I know you maybe a bit biased here but what can you recommend for KVM? I know arch can be stable if your careful but would it be useful for such an environment?

Thanks

• Antergos IMHO is very stable, but if you’re worried about system having issues from time to time and can’t wait for fixes, I would go with pure debian stable, and when I say pure debian Stable I mean no installing backports or software from unofficial repositories and no messing with your system, good luck!

O/S: Antergos Plasma 5 (KF5) 64-bit
    CPU: Pentium Dual-Core CPU E5300 @ 2.6GHz
    GPU: Intel 4 Series Integrated Graphics Controller
    GPU driver: Mesa DRI Intel® G41
    "If you like Antergos, Please donate!"

• @metaldude
    Sorry about slow reply, I tried debian and sure its stable and I’m not super bothered about new features, but I don’t like the idea of updating the system, too worried about breakage.

• What about something in between like
    Ubuntu?

I make things work…
    My humble wiki: https://anotherlinux.com/

• @droidie626 There isn’t any issue with using a rolling release platform in a work environment. Just be sure to only update when you have the time for it, or do it once a week at a time you know is free.

@izznogooood 🚽 😉

I7 [email protected]/32GB Ram/3440 x 1440 + 1440p/EVGA 1080 FTW/512GB SSD/2TB HD/Antergos Base w/ Plasma

laptop37 debian4 Posts 6Views 1181
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.