• Not all applications initialize and run?

I’m running Gnome and have a lot of applications installed some of them have been updated. Question? Some of them will not initialize when the program icon is selected. An example is ‘Hugin’ which recently was updated. When I click the program Icon nothing happens. Same with Amarok. I should maybe go down and list each and every app that fails to open and run. What is causing this issue? Another example is Clementine. I installed Clementine-git from AUR and it works but Clementine in Antergos
    repository doesn’t run. Thought’s, idea’s and suggestions would be welcome.

Richard

• @rich52

It seems there is more broken software applications that won’t initialize. Maybe it has something to do with Qt4 vs Qt5, gtk2 vs gtk3, KDE4 apps vs KDE5 plasama apps. . . etc. I wouldn’t know. But so far here’s my view of what works and doesn’t work. A lot of 3rd party apps and some in AUR work fine, some also apps work fine in Wine, but i’ve got a slew of things that don’t work or initialize. Here’s a list if it matters to anyone (i.e. people that are involved in the development and coding aspects of getting everything to work together in harmony.) Maybe I’m missing something here totally. . . Apps that don’t work:

Don’t initialize

Accerciser
    Aisleriot solitaire
    Amarok
    Arista transcoder
    Calligra Braindump
    Calligra Author
    Calligra Flow
    Calligra Gemini
    Calligra Sheets
    Calligra Stage
    Calligra words
    Cinelerra-cv
    converseen
    darktable
    htop
    gnome-terminal
    hugin
    karbon
    krita
    lollypop
    luminance hdr
    openshot
    pidgin
    plan
    plan work package
    r
    rawtherapee
    scribus (locks up during font caching)
    tomahawk
    digikam
    ipython
    showphoto

Another issue is some icons don’t show up in Gnome ( i.e. abiword when installed). Also Numix icons once and awhile in the side bar menu revert back to older icon styles then back to numix. . . can’t say why.

applications19 initialize1 Posts 2Views 323