• My fan run at high speed all the time again

I solved the high-speed fan problem after installing bumblebee. I followed the instruction on Antergos wiki, everything worked well after properly installing it. After certain updates, my fan run at high speed all the time again. I tried to find out what’s wrong, but the only different I found so far is that some options in nvidia x server settings are gone. Please help me to find out what’s wrong. Thx!

Edit: After reinstalling powersvaing patch and reboot for 2 or 3 times, it just fixed…Maybe I accidentally update bumblebee and lost the power saving patch.

• @mmartin20tw said in My fan run at high speed all the time again:

Edit: After reinstalling powersvaing patch and reboot for 2 or 3 times, it just fixed…Maybe I accidentally update bumblebee and lost the power saving patch.

Nice to know that you’ve solved it yourself. Bravo!

I’m on vacation now, and will have no access to Nvidia Optimus cards for two more weeks. But IIRC the missing power off bug was solved in recent Bumblebee packages. That means, if Bumblebee is installed from zero, for the first time now, it should not require the power saving patch. On the other hand, if it was installed some months ago, then yes, it may still require the patch.

Just to say that it was a pleasure to read your post, with Edit. Thanks.

• @just If I want to install it from scratch, I need to uninstall both nvidia and bumblebee (and its requirements?), only leave the intel driver and start over again right?

• @mmartin20tw said in My fan run at high speed all the time again:

@just If I want to install it from scratch, I need to uninstall both nvidia and bumblebee (and its requirements?), only leave the intel driver and start over again right?

Right, it’s best to start over with only xf86-video-intel installed, with xf86-video-nouveau removed (without nouveau), and without any Bumblebee and proprietary Nvidia packages installed.

Briefly - Optimus needs only xf86-video-intel to work properly. It’s the most clean situation to start from. Everything else is an unneeded redundancy.

It may be difficult to remove by hand all previously installed Bumblebee packages, as some are installed not explicitly but by dependencies. That is why it’s easier to add Bumblebee to a freshly installed Arch | Antergos | Architect | Apricity | Bluestar | Bridge.

Good luck.

high2 updates38 fan4 certain5 Posts 4Views 640