• Steam does not start

After a update, Steam stopped running.

$ steam
    /home/wolf/.local/share/Steam/steam.sh: line 161: VERSION_ID: unbound variable
    Running Steam on antergos  64-bit
    STEAM_RUNTIME is enabled automatically
    Installing breakpad exception handler for appid(steam)/version(1468023329)
    libGL error: unable to load driver: nouveau_dri.so
    libGL error: driver pointer missing
    libGL error: failed to load driver: nouveau
    libGL error: unable to load driver: swrast_dri.so
    libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast

this is what i get in the Terminal.
    I did on line that was suggested in another post, but still didnt manage so start up steam.

//find ~/.steam/root/ \( -name "libgcc_s.so*" -o -name "libstdc++.so*" -o -name "libxcb.so*" -o -name "libgpg-error.so*" \) -print -delete

Please help

• In your command you have two // in front of it. Remove those.

You can also tell steam to bypass those entirely and use the system libraries: LD_PRELOAD='/usr/$LIB/libstdc++.so.6 /usr/$LIB/libgcc_s.so.1 /usr/$LIB/libxcb.so.1' steam

👍 .

I7 [email protected]/32GB Ram/3440 x 1440 + 1440p/EVGA 1080 FTW/512GB SSD/2TB HD/Antergos Base w/ Plasma

• well I run the command again with

sudo  find ~/.steam/root/ \( -name "libgcc_s.so*" -o -name "libstdc++.so*" -o -name "libxcb.so*" -o -name "libgpg-error.so*" \) -print -delete

he could delete it and steam recreated new libraries if i did understand that right.

(steam:10488): LIBDBUSMENU-GLIB-WARNING **: Trying to remove a child that doesn't believe we're it's parent.

i hop i dont get grounded

steam63 Posts 3Views 1022
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.