• LightDM not loading till TTY change

I’m not really a newbie since I understand usually what’s going on behind the scenes, but with LightDM I have this weird bug where it doesn’t display anything and remains at a blank/black screen till I switch TTYs with CTRL+ALT+Fwhatever and back.

Anyone got any ideas how to fix this?

• @calv I had this strange issue before when I had the nvidia drivers coupled with a custom 20-nvidia-xorg.conf file when I was trying the add extra metamodes like auto-select and ForceFullCompositionPipeline.

What does your Xorg configuration files look like? What GPU are you using? What drivers are you using? It sounds to me you have the same issue and I think it has something to do with the initial boot up doesn’t choose the correct x-screen at first somehow… Just guessing atm.

I was running the nvidia package with a GTX 1070 with KDE Plasma 5+. Now I’m running cinnamon.

Sys01: Antergos + Mate; GTX 1070 + nvidia package :)
    Sys02: Antergos + Mate on Surface Pro 3

• @n_mag Thanks! I’ve been waiting for a response (but I kinda missed yours!), my Xorg conf is

Section "Device"
        Identifier "Nvidia Card"
        Driver "nvidia"
        VendorName "NVIDIA Corporation"
        Option "NoLogo" "true"
        Option "metamodes" "nvidia-auto-select +0+0 { ForceCompositionPipeline = On }"
    EndSection

for the nvidia xorg file. How would this be fixed? (I’m only using one screen - though I did have two previously!)

And an NVIDIA 960 w/ the nvidia package.

• @n_mag Whoops sorry, you pointed me in the right direction and Arch’s Wiki helped me! So thanks!

For those with this trouble still, from Arch’s Wiki’s NVIDIA page I did:

nvidia-xconfig

to set the xconfig (sudo if not root)
    and…

pacman -S nvidia-settings; nvidia-settings

Add selected the settings I wanted and left the rest alone! Restarted and it was fine.

• @calv That’s good to hear! Video issues are never fun, especially when people like me who spend a crap ton of money on a GPU only to turn on your pc and get a black screen, without even a TTY to get to lol. I had to do arch-chroot stuff to get mine working so be glad you didn’t have to buddy

Sys01: Antergos + Mate; GTX 1070 + nvidia package :)
    Sys02: Antergos + Mate on Surface Pro 3

loading17 till1 tty6 lightdm93 Posts 5Views 698