• [Solved] Power Issue with Monitor

I just installed a fresh copy of Gnome. The installer is much faster now. Very impressive.

A few problems, a distorted screen after computer wakes up. This is in another thread.

Gnome does not shut down my monitor at the five minute mark. I have had this problem with every install of Antergos for the last year so I stepped away. Any idea how I can get this to work properly?

Thanks guys.

• @parkslope said i

Gnome does not shut down my monitor at the five minute mark. I have had this problem with every install of Antergos for the last year so I stepped away. Any idea how I can get this to work properly?

Under lightDM Gnome s native power settings DO NOT work. Disable them and set your proffered settings via Light locker settings instead…
    Alternatively, you can use gdm in this case native power settings DO work), or use the turn off display to turn it on/off at your own will.
    https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/897/turn-off-display/

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• Light Locker does not always work. This extension while helpful, does not do what I want which is the Monitor to power down at 5 minutes. I always had trouble with Lightdm and I wonder why it is used for Gnome installations.

• I just switched to GDM as Lightdm and Light Locker just don’t work. Power settings are fixed. What’s an extra 100 mb among friends. :)

How Do I mark this as Solved?

• @parkslope said

What’s an extra 100 mb among friends

It s Gnome s mysterious ways! GDM is running 2 instances of Gnome Shell. The one CNTL+ALT+F! is used to switch between users…conveniently.
    You may not need it, not want it, BUT Gnome devs have decided that you should have it by default (with no way to get rid of it) eating up around 100 MB of RAM…

How Do I mark this as Solved?

Just rdit the title of your thread adding {SOLVED} before it.

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

monitor22 power9 Posts 5Views 424