• Problem with Genymotion: segmentation fault (core dumped) genymotion

I installed genymotion for works with Android SDK.

I make this instructions step by step.

When i was installing genymotion it ask me about install virtualboxand them ask me about install virtualbox-host-modules-arch or virtualbox-host-modules-dkms, i choose the first.

All was installed correctly and i test genymotion installation, i sign it in genymotion and i try add new devide. but when i choose the device type and click to create genymotion get out inmediatly begins to download the device, and give me this error:

genymotion                                                                                                                        ✓  989  12:25:11 
    Logging activities to file: /home/salahaddin/.Genymobile/genymotion.log
    [1]    6970 segmentation fault (core dumped)  genymotion

I try to search in google and i investigate the log but i don’t understand why i get this error.
    0_1468521234290_Selección_110.png
    1_1468521234291_Selección_111.png

You can see the log here.

Can anyone help me?

• Hey guys, can some one help me?

• Hi!
    same problem here and I really can’t figure out where’s the problem…
    I’ve installed first from the .bin downloaded from the site, and after from AUR but still the problem persists :(

• I’ve found a workaround… watching logs i saw where it takes the file for the virtual device (as it crash while downloading). So I’ve manually downloaded it in my case:
    wget http://files2.genymotion.com/dists/5.1.0/ova/genymotion_vbox86p_5.1_160609_162956.ova
    after that go to ~/Genymobile/Genymotion/ova and place the file (here you will find the partial download started before) copy the name, delete the partial, and rename the one you manually downloaded.
    The open Genymotion again, create VD and it should work

• And, yes, it works, for mommento works fine.

But, this isn’t a answer for this problem, it’s only a provissional solution. For now does’t matter.

Thank you very much!!!

Have you and StackOverflow account? You can put this answer in my question and i give a up vote and accept your asnwer.

• I know the problem remains but i think It’s more a problem with Genymotion software rather than Os/system.
    Anyway glad to be helpful

genymotion1 fault3 segmentation2 core3 Posts 6Views 1145