• Clementine not playing - GStreamer error

Hello everyone. First post.
    I am having a problem with Clementine playing music. It worked fine the first few times I’ve used it, but now it won’t.

The application opens fine, but the instant I try to play something, it goes into this “loop” where it runs through all the files in the playlist then terminates the program. It will give me the error “GStreamer encountered a general stream error.”, before quitting.

Music plays fine in other applications.

I’ve uploaded a vid to youtube, so you can see what I’m experiencing. Video Here.

Being me's no joke.

• it’s an error related to filetypes.
    That’s what that means when it says "general stream error"
    So what you do is find out if you have the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Download " antergos-wallpapers-extra " and enjoy community sponsored wallpapers.

Use the "Linux Beginner Search Engine"

https://cse.google.com/cse/home?cx=017607476515012185699:b_owgx6xyi0

• @Modisc all 3 types of GStreamer are installed; the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Being me's no joke.

• Hmm. Ok.

1. specific file types encountering this error or no?
    2. playing on correct sound card for your machine?
    3. Converted files recently to another format that somehow interfered with correct playback?
    4. libva installed? If no go with this library file, then remove as obviously not needed. Ensure you close out the media player prior to restarting it with the newly installed lib file.
    5. gst-vaapi installed? Again, if no go with this lib file, then remove as obviously not needed. Ensure you close out the media player prior to restarting it with the newly installed lib file.
    6. phonon-backend-gstreamer installed? Ensure you close out the media player prior to restarting it with the newly installed lib file.
    7. Able to play clementine --verbose and provide some details before and after playing a file?
      Ensure you use correct code tags for output, please. There is a forum sticky somewhere explaining how to do this.
      Use clementine --help for additional information.

Download " antergos-wallpapers-extra " and enjoy community sponsored wallpapers.

• Hallo,

I have the same problem. I double click a movie in file manager …

avi, mkv >>> "internal data stream error."
    wmv >>> no reaction, no message
    mp4 >>> is only played

I have check installed:
    libva … yes
    gstreamer-vaapi … yes
    phonon-qt4/qt5 … no, nothing

But, I have installed Kodi and this play all files without problems.

Hardware:
    Asus H87M-Pro
    i5-4570
    8GB RAM
    SSD/HDD

I must phonon install? Or other thing?

• @ArchiBald said

I double click a movie in file manager …

Isn t Clementine just a music player? I haven t used it myself but I don t think it s capable of playing movies…

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• Hallo,

upps, sorry, I thought this is a all file player. I have only find of “GStreamer error”.
    I mean my Video Player. It gives to many names of all Distribution for the same software function. :smiley:
    Okay, I make a new Thread.
    Sorry.

• @anarch said in Clementine not playing - GStreamer error:

@ArchiBald said

I double click a movie in file manager …

Isn t Clementine just a music player? I haven t used it myself but I don t think it s capable of playing movies…

Totally correct.
    My bad.
    Completely forgot that it was when initially reading/posting here

• Well, @ArchiBald , @Modisc , everybody is entitled to making mistakes, right?:cold_sweat:

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

playing3 error170 gstreamer4 clementine4 Posts 9Views 1661