• Gnome installed by default without GDM, bug?

Hello I installed Antergos from testing image antergos-2014.01.26-x86_64, with Gnome environment, I noticed that I haven’t got lock icon in the drop down menu (with sound and brightness slider), I gone to arch wiki and it says:

Native support for screenlocking in GNOME is provided by GDM. If you choose to not use GDM you will need to use a different screenlocking program such as Xscreensaver.

I checked and GDM is not installed by default only libgdm is installed, I basically I wonder is this is on purpose or this is some bug? I have normal user login screen so I guess it is made by some other login manager or only provided by libgdm?

Update: Now I know that Antergos is using Lightdm by default that’s why I don’t have lock screen option, all in all I think this should be fixed at least for the notebook systems, I think it’s also needed for desktop, it’s quite important in work environment and I think this should be added in future releases, at least by installing xscreensaver by default.

• Hello I installed Antergos from testing image antergos-2014.01.26-x86_64, with Gnome environment, I noticed that I haven’t got lock icon in the drop down menu (with sound and brightness slider), I gone to arch wiki and it says:

Native support for screenlocking in GNOME is provided by GDM. If you choose to not use GDM you will need to use a different screenlocking program such as Xscreensaver.

I checked and GDM is not installed by default only libgdm is installed, I basically I wonder is this is on purpose or this is some bug? I have normal user login screen so I guess it is made by some other login manager or only provided by libgdm?

Update: Now I know that Antergos is using Lightdm by default that’s why I don’t have lock screen option, all in all I think this should be fixed at least for the notebook systems, I think it’s also needed for desktop, it’s quite important in work environment and I think this should be added in future releases, at least by installing xscreensaver by default.

• Hi,

GDM is intentionally not included in our install. Around the time 3.10 was first released, there were a lot of stability issues being caused by GDM for Arch users. We decided that it would be better to have a single DM across all desktops so that they user experience is consistent. I did not realize that GNOME had moved control of the screensaver to GDM so thanks for pointing that out. We will definitely talk it over and implement a solution in the next official release. Thanks again, and welcome to Antergos!

Best Regards,

Posts 3Views 1118
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.