• Gnome installed by default without GDM, bug?

Hello I installed Antergos from testing image antergos-2014.01.26-x86_64, with Gnome environment, I noticed that I haven’t got lock icon in the drop down menu (with sound and brightness slider), I gone to arch wiki and it says:

Native support for screenlocking in GNOME is provided by GDM. If you choose to not use GDM you will need to use a different screenlocking program such as Xscreensaver.

I checked and GDM is not installed by default only libgdm is installed, I basically I wonder is this is on purpose or this is some bug? I have normal user login screen so I guess it is made by some other login manager or only provided by libgdm?

Update: Now I know that Antergos is using Lightdm by default that’s why I don’t have lock screen option, all in all I think this should be fixed at least for the notebook systems, I think it’s also needed for desktop, it’s quite important in work environment and I think this should be added in future releases, at least by installing xscreensaver by default.

• Hello I installed Antergos from testing image antergos-2014.01.26-x86_64, with Gnome environment, I noticed that I haven’t got lock icon in the drop down menu (with sound and brightness slider), I gone to arch wiki and it says:

Native support for screenlocking in GNOME is provided by GDM. If you choose to not use GDM you will need to use a different screenlocking program such as Xscreensaver.

I checked and GDM is not installed by default only libgdm is installed, I basically I wonder is this is on purpose or this is some bug? I have normal user login screen so I guess it is made by some other login manager or only provided by libgdm?

Update: Now I know that Antergos is using Lightdm by default that’s why I don’t have lock screen option, all in all I think this should be fixed at least for the notebook systems, I think it’s also needed for desktop, it’s quite important in work environment and I think this should be added in future releases, at least by installing xscreensaver by default.

• Hi,

GDM is intentionally not included in our install. Around the time 3.10 was first released, there were a lot of stability issues being caused by GDM for Arch users. We decided that it would be better to have a single DM across all desktops so that they user experience is consistent. I did not realize that GNOME had moved control of the screensaver to GDM so thanks for pointing that out. We will definitely talk it over and implement a solution in the next official release. Thanks again, and welcome to Antergos!

Best Regards,

Posts 3Views 973