• Error Number 171605. Having trouble with packages...

Alright, I’ve been at this for about 5 hours now trying to get this distro installed and I’m not having much luck. My first error was a Grub2 error, reinstalled, got a general bootloader error, reinstalled about 6 more times and got a package error number 171605. I’m not sure what’s going on. I’m using the latest ISO release on a USB legacy install. I checked out the forum and read up on how to change the mirror but I’m not exactly sure if I’m doing it right (I’m fairly new to Linux). I’m not even sure how to recover the log using the guide you’ve given. My terminal just keeps saying “not recoverable: exiting now.” Can someone walk me through this? I’m spending more time trying to make this install work than anything else. I’m going to sleep and hopefully I’ll wake up to some replies.

• Can you post the cnchi.log via pastie.org, it can be found in tmp/cnchi.log. Thanks.

I7 [email protected]/32GB Ram/3440 x 1440 + 1440p/EVGA 1080 FTW/512GB SSD/2TB HD/Antergos Base w/ Plasma

• Man, have fun with the log!

http://slexy.org/view/s20zQRZNij

• Also having the same problem. Tried both the regular and minimal ISO, both KDE and Gnome and on two different computers. Log is pretty much identical to joaojotta’s.

• That both sucks and sounds great!
    It kind of makes me less of a noob but… At the same time it sounds like a mess of a problem.

• When updating the live session via terminal with “sudo paceman -Syu” got this error:

http://slexy.org/view/s20Z0Pv73g
    (I got a spam repost when pasting the text here)

It sounds bad, no?

• Okay, I’m back. I went to bed so I lost the log from the last install. I’ll run a new install right now and upload the log (because I’m sure it will fail again). But FYI, my log is similar to what has already been posted.

• Now I’m getting error number 172588. For some reason Chromium is closing every time I open it so I can’t paste the log into Pastie. I’m wondering if it’s an issue with the Openbox de install.

• Several other users with the same problem on IRC.
    Another log, same as I got when I tried.
    http://hastebin.com/isihutanef

• I’m trying to update the mirrorlists but I can’t edit the files because they’re read only. Not sure how I’m supposed to update them and run the install again if I can’t edit them.

• @davidless said in Error Number 171605. Having trouble with packages during install.:

I’m trying to update the mirrorlists but I can’t edit the files because they’re read only. Not sure how I’m supposed to update them and run the install again if I can’t edit them.

Should work if you use sudo

• I’m not sure how to do that. I’m working with sudo now in the terminal following the HowTo on how to change the mirrorlist but when I type the command that is supposed to allow me to move it it says “No such file or directory.” What next?

• @davidless Oh. You don’t get the pacnew files with the latest image/installer. I just tried. It just says reinstalling as they have not been changed.
    You can run sudo nano /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist etc. to edit the files but I’m pretty sure it won’t get you through the install.

• So what do we think the problem is? Is the latest image just missing pertinent files? And is the solution waiting for a new image from the developers?

• @davidless said in Error Number 171605. Having trouble with packages during install.:

So what do we think the problem is? Is the latest image just missing pertinent files? And is the solution waiting for a new image from the developers?

I used the same image yesterday so the image is fine. It’s something with the installer I guess but I’m no expert. I guess we’ll just have to wait for a dev to fix it.

• So I was finally able to update the mirrorlist files using your sudo nano line, Tiedemann, and now my error is “None.” There’s no longer a number to reference it just says there is no error and that it can’t install packages. I’ll probably ditch this OS if a fix doesn’t come out soon. I have better things to do with my time than fumble around with this.

• I had the same issue tonight. The issue was fixed after I followed this:
    https://forum.antergos.com/topic/3267/how-to-choose-your-mirrors-before-installing-antergos

• Ok found some more info.

I did another fresh install with Cinnamon instead of Gnome and ran into the same problem. The only thing I didn’t do was disable some of the mirrors in antergos-mirrorlist. I tried again with Cinnamon, after disabling almost all of the mirrors as I did the first time I got it to work. I left only the top two United-States mirrors and the Canada Mirror. I disabled all of the others. The installer functioned correctly.

My guess is that there is a problem with one of the mirrors and Cnchi currently isn’t handling it as expected. Cnchi 0.14.106

• ta.maffia, I went ahead and tried the install one more time with your method and it worked! I did an Openbox install and it completed, except for the bootloader. Apparently the Grub2 had an issue during install and even though everything works, I can’t access Linux unless I can check to make sure Grub2 works. Any thoughts on this?

Also, it seems Cnchi was rolled back. It only updated to 0.14.94 for me not 0.14.106. They may be working on a live fix? I don’t know.

• 0.14.106 and worked here (xfce with little to no extras)

installation197 cnchi 0.14.1061 Posts 25Views 2777