• Which Antergos Desktop are you using?

Late to the party, but I’m using Xfce and loving it now.

At first it was weird, like being transported to 1995, but it’s very customize-able, and now I’ve got it pretty much how I want it (though some more color themes would be nice…). I just really hate DEs that come with too much bloat. I always end up uninstalling half of what it came with, so Xfce is a good fit.

• @c00ter Yeah i remember when most computers had the top of their keyboards covered in sticky notes to recall a zillion key shortcuts for Word Perfect. And that’s just for one program. Love a keyboard that feels great (many do not). Love a good mouse. Yeah, the back and forth isn’t perfect, but this combo gets my work done.

• I run XFCE on everything but my 4k laptop. Even my 8-core, 32GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 rig. 4k laptop runs Cinnamon, since it scales better. I know I will catch flak for this, but… I reallllly don’t like Gnome 3. /duck!

• @megaman
    #1 mate
    lxde
    budgie
    lxqt (promising but not there yet; also i am prejudiced against qt)
    xfce (buggy and needs updating, but…)
    cinnamon (bett

• @megaman i3 and Openbox

• @megaman This really surprises me. WOW, cant get over these results!

• @N3CDXChip Also surprised. I was expecting GNOME to be on top, but KDE being second was unexpected.

• @Palanthis said in Which Antergos Desktop are you using?:

@N3CDXChip Also surprised. I was expecting GNOME to be on top, but KDE being second was unexpected.

KDE is a awesome desktop, I love it but, XFCE is my second best and thats what Im running…

• @N3CDXChip I like Plasma (mostly), but XFCE is my daily driver. It’s fast, light, pretty enough and super tweakable.

• May open a new Poll with all aviable Antergos DE’s 🎉

• That sounds like a great idea @joekamprad😀.

• @joekamprad I’d love to see that, including those awesome meta packages you have been working on. My personal best is four on a single (VM) system. XFCE, Cinnamon, GNOME 3 and Plasma. Wanted to see what would happen. LoL. I only tested for a few days, but it seemed to be working mostly fine. lol. Some associations got a tad messy.

• These days i use LXQT configured with quick-tile from the aur and using xdg-utils-slock for the lock screen and customized stom stuf on my own behaviour… now is nice :p QT but light :)

• @megaman There’s no Deepin. ;(

• @cadenmitchell said in Which Antergos Desktop are you using?:

@megaman There’s no Deepin. ;(

Yes, why? I use Deepin! Is it because it’s Chinese? I really don’t care because it’s well made, never crashed or felt anything was wrong, it has transparencies and pretty things and it is fast on this old machine. It has great tools, like Deepin-terminal that I simply love and many others.

• Long time ago there was no deepin…
    –closing–

Posts 317Views 202625
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.