• Which Antergos Desktop are you using?

@karasu said in Which Antergos Desktop are you using?:

It’s not that I don’t find the one I like, it’s more that I cannot decide which one I like the most.

I completely agree!

They are all so different and unique, and so amazing in their own ways at the same time. Ah… the choices freedom gives people:slight_smile:.

Keep trying, never give up. In the end, you will find that it was all worth it

My ISO:
    https://rebornos.wordpress.com
    Linux Basics: https://linuxbasicssite.wordpress.com

• i3-gaps but will probably look at OB

• I keep switching between Cinnamon, Gnome or KDE I have 2 laptops now and I use gnome on both of them but I’m thinking about going to cinnamon on one of them the great thing about Antergos is being able to boot into my USB and reinstall Harddrive might not like it but I do

Toshiba Satellite Running Gnome
    HP Elitebook Running Gnome
    Linux Newbie

• For now it’s Gnome since I’m new to Linux. I realize that gnome is very easy to customize and it also look really good. I may try MATE for my HTPC sooner than later. Openbox appeal me as well.

New Linux user | No more Windows in my life No more Windows at home | In love with Antergos && Arch! | A lot to learn!

• @megaman said in Which Antergos Desktop are you using?:

with the file manager nautilus they took tree view away in the sidebar

If you the folder icon in the top left corner of the window and select “preferences”, then you can go to “List” and check the box that says “Allow Folders to be Expanded”. This should give you what you were looking for:slight_smile:.0_1497782873965_Screenshot from 2017-06-18 10-45-53.png 0_1497782883072_Screenshot from 2017-06-18 10-46-13.png 0_1497782899459_Screenshot from 2017-06-18 10-47-10.png

Hope this helps!

Keep trying, never give up. In the end, you will find that it was all worth it

My ISO:
    https://rebornos.wordpress.com
    Linux Basics: https://linuxbasicssite.wordpress.com

• @iSpeakVeryWell i use Antergos openbox for my Kodi HTPC. works great! all the devs over at Kodi always suggesting using ubuntu based desktop for kodis so i did for years but ubuntu based is very slow. then when you need to upgrade huge pain sometimes break system.

i think rolling OS like Antergos is best for HTPC. some say unstable but not in my experience.

• @A-User thanks for the idea. i knew about that option but it doesnt quite work for me when organizing large folders. the sidebar folder tree list is a must for me. i have so many folders that the sidebar is a must for me. what i do is just a use a alt file manager when i really need to cleanup.

the actual Gnome files app is very nice looking. i just think they dumb it down so much. take away so many options. hopefully in the future they bring the tree back. #savethetree :)

• i keep switching between Gnome and Openbox. love my good ol openbox but i love using a desktop that is being updated all the time with new features. i like using wayland even though its not quite there yet. i want to use new tech and features for linux and openbox cant offer that. openbox is still great to use for older computers or anyone who just wants blazing speed. just love the way it works. ive probably used it for around 8 years overall.

with a few extensions i can make Gnome works like openbox and tint2 panel. so that makes me happy. i feel like Gnome is starting to work back towards desktop users again and not so much everything for tablets. so ill stick it out with Gnome.

• @megaman said in Which Antergos Desktop are you using?:

@iSpeakVeryWell i use Antergos openbox for my Kodi HTPC. works great! all the devs over at Kodi always suggesting using ubuntu based desktop for kodis so i did for years but ubuntu based is very slow. then when you need to upgrade huge pain sometimes break system.

i think rolling OS like Antergos is best for HTPC. some say unstable but not in my experience.

Yeah, Ubuntu is a no go for me. In fact, Ubuntu is the reason I waited so long before abandon Windows… Each time I tried Ubuntu, it turned me off pretty hard… I hate it so much! Antergos felt home instantaneously!

My htpc is rock solid with Antergos! :)

New Linux user | No more Windows in my life No more Windows at home | In love with Antergos && Arch! | A lot to learn!

• @iSpeakVeryWell not to mention always have the latest video drivers for the HTPC which is important.

• Plasma - very nice, very stable.

• When i have, like the last month, a mega work load to do i am back on MacOS Finder. :-/ This because i still haven’t got a good working workspace with Gnome or openBox on my triple boot. A balanced mix of the two is what i want and need.

Is there out there something between Gnome and openBox?
    I know maybe LXDE should be that, but i am afraid that that will not last.

• @bartatantergos Mate and Cinnamon ?

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    http://gofccyourself.com
    my-blog#k
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• @bartatantergos ya isnt LXDE being replaced by LXQT? thought i heard that at one point.

wow something between gnome and openbox? pretty much everything lol :) those are very different desktops.

i think mate has very good balance between using good ol gnome2 and new software.

• @joekamprad Maybe Mate is it, i have already Debian Mate running on a 2004 Powerbook G4. :-)

• @megaman
    Will check LXQT out.
    Previously there was this: http://openbox.org/wiki/Help:Using_Openbox_in_GNOME
    But doesn’t work with the new Gnome.
    Maybe with Mate?

Thing is that i like the flexibility from openBox and functionality from Gnome.

• OpenBox FTW!

• My PC is a house for the mouse, xfce is the choice for me. :wink:

• great thing about Linux and Antergos so many good choices for the desktop :thumbsup: nice to see so many people using different flavors :ok_hand:

• @megaman 1000% agreed! :slight_smile:

Posts 314Views 88632