• Which Antergos Desktop are you using?

I use Xfce and love it. They have been adding more and more GTK3 ports over.
    Terminal, Notifications, Power Manager, to name 3.
    Thunar, I would assume they have fixed the bug with large copies, I copied over 6gb without an issue. I have a customized Vertex theme called Vertex Dust that it lite, but not too lite.
    My whole desktop looks very up to date, nothing like the default Xfce, ew…
    Whisker Menu plus a few keyboard shortcuts and I’m good to go.
    I’ve customized SDDM to have so many different screens if I so desire; around 11 I think, went a bit nuts I know…

• 2 years without news about xfce…

FEB

Today, after 2 years and 10 months of work, we are pleased to announce the release of the Xfce desktop 4.12, a new stable version that supersedes Xfce 4.10.

• The Xfce development is slow but not dead. The last update was on February 13, 2017 as they released the new version of xfce4-taskmanager 1.2.0, xfce4-notifyd 0.3.5 and Thunar 1.6.11. Two days before they released Parole Media Player 0.9.0.
    You can read what’s going on in the blog: https://blog.xfce.org/

• i use xfce-terminal for live!

• @megaman Uso Mate 1.16. Ha mejorado mucho este escritorio.

• Hi

Usbdrive: Openbox.

On SSD:

0_1488381854144_Screenshot_20170301_162234.png

Cheers!!

• @joekamprad hum, i’ll give it a try again, i hope it’s panel work better on i3 wm now…

• @antonmarlop ¡estoy de acuerdo! Mate se ve muy bien en estos días. Yo usaría que sobre xfce seguro.

• I’ve been using Plasma since Fall 2016, last week I installed Antergos Gnome on a separate laptop. I enjoy both DEs for different reasons. I’m happy with both & both run well on Antergos!

• KDE primary rig, and Mate as VM on Windows box

• i3 and nothing more.
    Less DE less problems…

• Xfce all the way, but openbox and i3 are very fine too.
    Sometimes I have to use up to 10 terminals same time on a two monitors and kde or gnome is just to laggy for that.

• KDE Plasma since I first installed Antergos one year ago when I made the jump from Windows (gag, choke). I’m loving it. No clutter here.

0_1493664328298_Screenshot_Tiger.jpg ![alt text](image url)

• @TEXCENTRIC Nice set up on Plasma and glad to have you here from Windows. Do I detect a hint of Texas in your handle?

• @Orlet Thanks and glad to be here.

Maybe just a smidgen. I realize putting the words “Texas” and “eccentric” together is a bit redundant, but hey, it works for me.

• Best for Laptop, Gnome 3 for sure, controling for anything just by Super Button without mice. Love it!

• I’ve tested MATE lately, after some attempts on getting GNOME and KDE to play nice. But due to my low spec old hardware, I ended up back on trusted old XFCE. Seems to be the DE that always works for me and my hardware.

• Cinnamon is great because of Nemo - Open as Root. With other distros and file managers you must use terminal more often. Or maybe use gksudo…I like using the GUI.

• In these days and I thin OpenBox that I stay here, I get tired of so much software accumulated, better the simple !!!

• I am using Plasma as I find it to be the best on my PC as GNOME keeps freezing. KDE does everything I need it to do and I find it to have customization

Posts 317Views 202583
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.