• \[SOLVED\] WMV Playback

Hi all,

Trying to playback wmv in VLC and Smplayer and it sort of stutters on fast forwarding and rewinding. Also when trying to convert wmv to mp4 in WinFF get this error “Unknown encoder libvo_aacenc” Seems like community ffmpeg never compiles with libvo_aacenc support so I installed ffmpeg-full from AUR then WinFF was able to convert WMV to MP4. However, vlc and smplayer still give me crap when fast forwading and rewinding. Any suggestions ?

VLC gives this message when fast forwarding
    main error: ES_OUT_SET_(GROUP_)PCR is called too late (pts_delay increased to 2282 ms)
    main error: ES_OUT_RESET_PCR called

P.S What codecs and apps do you guys install after the fresh Antergos installation ?

• Hi all,

Trying to playback wmv in VLC and Smplayer and it sort of stutters on fast forwarding and rewinding. Also when trying to convert wmv to mp4 in WinFF get this error “Unknown encoder libvo_aacenc” Seems like community ffmpeg never compiles with libvo_aacenc support so I installed ffmpeg-full from AUR then WinFF was able to convert WMV to MP4. However, vlc and smplayer still give me crap when fast forwading and rewinding. Any suggestions ?

VLC gives this message when fast forwarding
    main error: ES_OUT_SET_(GROUP_)PCR is called too late (pts_delay increased to 2282 ms)
    main error: ES_OUT_RESET_PCR called

P.S What codecs and apps do you guys install after the fresh Antergos installation ?

• Sorry Im not much of a media person so don’t really have any suggestions. I always use VLC as overall it is the most consistent although media playback in linux as a whole could use some love lol

• ok here’s what I’ve got so far
    ffmpeg-full from AUR
    mplayer from arch repo (add configuration from arch wiki with mp4 extension enabled)
    vlc from arch repo
    WMV playback is still bad even in vlc but working though. However, now I can convert wmv to mp4 and play it fine in vlc.
    Case solved until I find a better solution.

• Now that you mention it, i’ve lways had crappy WMV playback…since, well…as long as I can remember LOL

• I want to watch some WMV videos on Apple TV, but the device is not compatible with WMV. Therefore I convert WMV movies to MP4 with Video Converter. The conversion speed is quite fast and no quality loss.
    www.converter-video.com/wmv-converter/wmv-to-mp4.html

Posts 6Views 1614