• If my installation failed, what should I do?

Finally kernel 4.6 is here, I can install antergos on my laptop now.

However, I am worried about it cause I tried many installations before with virtual machine, the install would some time fail because of unstable internet connection or something else, the installation just shut down and left all those partitions and efi.

I am wondering that if I encounter installation error on a uefi laptop with windows 10 installed (I mount the boot to efi), after restart (cnchi always said “restart and try again”) and try to boot the livecd again, will windows 10 or the startup(boot menu, windows one or grub installed by half-installed antergos) corrupt? If it will then how can I properly install it again or fix it?

Sorry for my bad English, I tried my best.

• @mmartin20tw If you dont format the EFI partition, Windows should be able to boot. In some UEFI/bios, you can press keyboard F9 to select from a boot menu: Antergos and Windows Loader. Try going into Antergos, and see if you can get into the command line. The base system might be usable. If you can load the CLI, then you can try install the rest of the packages, by issuing a command:
    pacman -Syy

• If I select existed EFI partition to mount my antergos /boot/EFI, it’s not counted as formatting it right?

If I cannot get into the arch base, how can I properly reinstall antergos?

Thanks for fast reply btw, your answer is really clear, thank you very much!

• You can try live CD, and install it from there.
    If nothing works, you can use another distro’s live CD, such as Manjaro or Arch, then re-format the corrupt partition, and re-install Antergos.

Selecting EFI boot drive, does not mean formating the disk.

• Thx a lot :D

So as far as the EFI partition remains unformat, I can just partition the half-installed partitions and install Antergos again with liveCD right? It’s great to know that install again with liveCD can solve this situation :)

• The Live CD is the key to reformat and re-mount your partition. You can go directly to the installer, or you can also use gparted softare in the live environment.
    Once you have a clean partition, you can try and install a distro again on it.

I would break it down as:
    sda1 win32 /boot/efi
    sda2 ext4 /
    sda3 ext4 /home
    sda4 swap swap
    sda5 ntfs windows loader
    sda6 ntfs other

This is the minimal safe way to partition. You would install the distro in the root partition, and leave the home for your settings, documents, and files.

installation214 Posts 6Views 752