• Problem with suspend resume

I am running Antergos on HP Spectre X2 tablet, with kernel 4.5.6, GNOME, and LightDM
    Getting hibernation done is a nightmare, because you need to modify few things including grub, changing from GDM to LightDM, loading a swap partition, and kernel loader. That bit is finally done. It can now hibernate.

But suspend remains troublesome. I can suspend it using systemctl suspend, or select it from the menu, or by closing the lid.
    Suspending looks fine, screen goes black, but when I turn it back on using the power button, it will show the exact screen situation. After 3 seconds, it just goes dead or shut down ungracefully as if something in the kernel do a hard switch-off to the table.

Is there away to fix this? It’s pointless to have suspend when it always shutdown afterwards.

• When the system shutdowns itself after resuming a suspension, start your tablet again and run this to check your logs:

sudo journalctl -xb -1

(The -1 is not to check the last boot but the previous one).

Cheers!

• Please check the my journalctl output attached. It didnt just display the last session but the whole log.
    Cant figure out what causes it to shut down.
    0_1466688061108_journal-antergos.pdf

• This post is deleted!
  • What’s this?

HP HP Spectre x2
    Detachable/8146, BIOS F.05 10/22/2015

Oh , and you don’t have the discovery avahi service enabled (other services are complaining, but it’s not crucial)

sudo systemctl enable avahi-daemon

• HP HP Spectre x2
    Detachable/8146, BIOS F.05 10/22/2015
    That’s the type of hardware as mentioned in my initial question, and its bios version.
    I am using HP Spectre X2 Detachable tablet

It just crashed and shutdown as soon as the wifi is detected 3 seconds after resuming back to desktop.

• Sorry, I was at the beach so no Internet there.

Have you tried the lts kernel? (it’s the linux-lts package)

suspend42 resume4 Posts 7Views 1354
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.