• ISO Refresh 2016.06.18

@megaman

i just think it would be great to show off all the desktops before people download.

I’ve been working on something like that… 😎

• @Wyn cant wait to check it out 👍

• I downloaded this iso to install on a different machine, and cnchi was not at the latest version. It caused the installer to crash and close middle install and fortunately I was able to install after the update to cnchi was applied (It presented the notification that was searching for update, but no progress bar or nothing like). I think this should be fixed, because it is a big letdown to people that may want to try antergos and may push them away. If cnchi has a new version a new iso refresh must be made.

• @gustavown said in ISO Refresh 2016.06.18:

I downloaded this iso to install on a different machine, and cnchi was not at the latest version. It caused the installer to crash and close middle install and fortunately I was able to install after the update to cnchi was applied (It presented the notification that was searching for update, but no progress bar or nothing like). I think this should be fixed, because it is a big letdown to people that may want to try antergos and may push them away. If cnchi has a new version a new iso refresh must be made.

It’s a good idea, a rotating icon or progress bar to indicate the installer is getting updated or the new version of the installer must be included whenever a new ISO is made available.

• Just open System Monitor on Resources tab before starting the installation. CPU and Network history are more informative then progress bars or rotating icons.

Just open Chromium and confront Cnchi version, reported in the installer’s window title, against Cnchi version in ABS. If Cnchi in ABS is newer, then it will be upgraded. You’ll immediately notice the Network activity in System Monitor, while Cnchi downloads a newer version.

It is also possible to monitor the Network actiivty while Cnchi downloads needed packages. As well as CPU activity while Cnchi finalizes the installation.

• @just That’s a cool way to do it, but how many people will download the iso to try it and know that’s what they have to do?

• @gustavown said in ISO Refresh 2016.06.18:

…how many people will download the iso to try it and know that’s what they have to do?

You’re right, very few, I’m afraid. With its super-easy installer, Antergos gives a false impression that Arch may be managed as easy as some Windowz or Ubuntu.

A solid Arch background helps to manage Antergos much easier.

• just did a fresh install on the latest iso 64bit ;) live version and report it was a pretty smooth ride 👌

i installed Cinnamon and went pretty well. only issues was at the beginning with the keyboard selection not showing but as others have reported went back and then forward again and it appeared and i resumed install and when there was a delay for the installer to start but figured it was a network issue. it was checking for updated version for about 3 minutes. the download speeds were ok. used about half of my connection i know i can update the mirrors but wanted to see how the default would do. overall it worked really nice! 👍

• @megaman said in ISO Refresh 2016.06.18:

im actually surprised to hear a few people speak up that have 32 bit system. i was curious how many on Antergos using 32. @protokol the good news is you can keep your current install as long as you want 👍

Thank you but no thank you…
    Sadly, if I want to have an updated system I have to change it.
    Next week I’m going back to Manjaro - like for the moment they are not dropping 32 bits iso - or maybe Arch (from groundzero) …
    Maybe they will off course, but Arch itself seems to not want to do so by now https://forum.manjaro.org/t/will-manjaro-drop-32bit-support/5053

• @protokol :

Sadly, if I want to have an updated system

There s a misunderstanding here. Existing 32 bit systems WILL CONTINUE to be supported. New 32 bit ISOs will stop being issued. Check this out:

Please Note:

We are discontinuing the 32bit versions of our install media. This will be the last release that includes 32bit media (for real this time 😉). This change applies to the install media only. We will continue to maintain 32bit packages in our repository for the foreseeable future.

https://antergos.com/blog/iso-refresh-2016-06-18/

• @anarch said in ISO Refresh 2016.06.18:

There s a misunderstanding here. Existing 32 bit systems WILL CONTINUE to be supported. New 32 bit ISOs will stop being issued.

ok my bad, I had not read it all :)
    you are right ! ok fine, we will see in future how it’s evolving, so !

• I would need that last 32 bit version, I can’t make any Linux run on my computer for long (NVIDIA and Linux won’t become friends in this live…) so I want to at least run it in a VM. The problem: VirtualBox complains about Hyper-V not working even when it’s enabled. But I read the problem could be the 64 bit guest system, so I hope that it would run with 32 bit…but trying to download it I only get the message I don’t have permissions to do so.
    Any official mirror available?

• @rrosner5 said in ISO Refresh 2016.06.18:

so I hope that it would run with 32 bit…but trying to download it I only get the message I don’t have permissions to do so.
    Any official mirror available?

https://forum.antergos.com/topic/5282/antergos-32-bits-do-not-get-the-numix-frost-theme-package/3

• @judd first I need the ISO before I can not use the numix frost theme…

@judd first I need the ISO before I can not use the numix frost theme…

Ohh, I read wrong sorry, I do not have an ISO link of 32

first I need the ISO before I can not use the numix frost theme…

http://www.muylinux.com/2017/02/06/ultima-iso-arch-linux-32-bit

• @judd said in ISO Refresh 2016.06.18:

@rrosner5 said in ISO Refresh 2016.06.18:

first I need the ISO before I can not use the numix frost theme…

http://www.muylinux.com/2017/02/06/ultima-iso-arch-linux-32-bit

my french is a bit very rusty but with Google translate I can only tell this is nothing I can work with. I want a mirror of the last 32 bit version of Antergos, not arch since I’m not experienced or even motivated enough to work through that terminal like installer

• I would like to help you, but I have nothing of 32 … I do not know if any developer the teandrá @developers

• @rrosner5 closing here.
    you can ask as a normal question, this does not belong to the Topic.

iso82 refresh29 2016.06.181 Posts 39Views 10376
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.