• Synchronising package databases... error:

failed to update core (unable to lock database) error: failed to update extra (unable to lock database) error: failed to update community (unable to lock database) error: failed to update multilib (unable to lock database) error: failed to update antergos (unable to lock database) error: failed to synchronise any databases error: failed to init transaction (unable to lock database) error: could not lock database: File exists

• sudo rm -r /var/lib/pacman/db.lck

• @just rm: cannot remove ‘/var/lib/pacman/db.lck’: No such file or directory

• @just I’m not sure what steps to take to rectify this problem. Any suggestions or commands?

• Please, post back here the full output of the command, including the command itself, as it was typed in:

sudo pacman -Syyu

Include the output between the three backticks ``` chars, as the first and the last line, for readability.

Read more about basic markdown syntax here. More advanced cheats are here.

• @just Thank you! The problem is solved!

• Thanks! I was able to get everything working nicely until I wanted to reinstall Awaita theme because it wasn’t working and boom it crashed the desktop…I may be able to recover through the terminal, but need help with some commands to rid me of Awaita themes and get my mate desktop up and running without losing everything! Please help!

databases4 synchronising1 error177 Posts 7Views 606