• Can Gnome and KDE coexist? How?

I installed Antergos + Gnome. I would like to give KDE a try. Can KDE and Gnome coexist? If so, how can I install KDE (and the KDE applications)? After that, If I prefer to stay with KDE, how can Gnome be uninstalled? Thank you.

• Definitely NOT under the same user. You could create a new user for KDE but again you would end up with stock KDE, not the one Antergos are providing . If you want it configured you ll have to start further digging up.
    If I were you, I d create a new partition and throw it there… No problem keeping both DEs, or keeping only one and extend its partition to take up the deleted partition.

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• @anarch Huh? I have used multiple DE’s under linux for some time now never needed different users or partitions

• @MadmanRB s

I have used multiple DE’s under linux for some time now never needed di
    fferent users or partitions

Well, it s up to you to mess up with your /home. To stay on topic, would you give a positive answer to the topic s question?:zap:

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• Yes I would, I have had plenty of exzperience.
    I say install KDE and its dependencies, it wont hurt a thing outside of space

kde106 gnome220 coexist1 Posts 5Views 791