• Can Gnome and KDE coexist? How?

I installed Antergos + Gnome. I would like to give KDE a try. Can KDE and Gnome coexist? If so, how can I install KDE (and the KDE applications)? After that, If I prefer to stay with KDE, how can Gnome be uninstalled? Thank you.

• Definitely NOT under the same user. You could create a new user for KDE but again you would end up with stock KDE, not the one Antergos are providing . If you want it configured you ll have to start further digging up.
    If I were you, I d create a new partition and throw it there… No problem keeping both DEs, or keeping only one and extend its partition to take up the deleted partition.

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 18.04 64bit Gnome
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• @anarch Huh? I have used multiple DE’s under linux for some time now never needed different users or partitions

• @MadmanRB s

I have used multiple DE’s under linux for some time now never needed di
    fferent users or partitions

Well, it s up to you to mess up with your /home. To stay on topic, would you give a positive answer to the topic s question?⚡

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 18.04 64bit Gnome
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• Yes I would, I have had plenty of exzperience.
    I say install KDE and its dependencies, it wont hurt a thing outside of space

gnome313 kde171 coexist1 Posts 5Views 1416
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.