• Optimus, not that much Optimus

My question is, is there any way for optimus laptops to run ONLY with the Nvidia card? I want the igpu to be completely disabled and by default use the nvidia card.

i7-2600K - 16GB DDR3-1333 - GTX Titan X
    i7-4710HQ - 16GB DDR3-1600 - GTX 860M

• Thanks for the response, but I’m a beginner and I’m not really sure about what I should do before that, how should I install the propietary drivers or whatever I should do, I’d need a step by step guide :(

EDIT: I’m doing a clean Antergos installation right now, didn’t choose to install propietary drivers as I couldn’t even boot. (black screen)
    EDIT2: Works fine, fresh install without checking Install Propietary Drivers, what should I do now?

• Should I install bumblebee and then use that config?.. quick response would really be appreciated, I know it’s not nice, but I need it asap :(

• I tried following this:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/NVIDIA_Optimus

but I get a black screen on boot, tried everything it says there, before trying to use discrete card as primary GPU, but I get a black screen on boot.

• Remove the xorg config file

• Install Antergos normally.
    Install Nvidia proprietary drivers later.

This Prime discrete card as primary GPU method cant be directly copied as it’s for the opensource noveau driver.
    Your system specs tell opensource drivers are worthless for you.
    But anyways you can try PRIME as such without installing the Nvidia drivers. Should work.
    **If its a laptop and nothing shows up, do this xrandr --setprovideroutputsource Intel nouveau

Nvidia Optimus seems direct process and looks like you need to do some work for the login managers as well down on that page.
    Can’t help with the blackscreen problem as I’m an AMD user.

You can also try Bumblebee.

Archlinux x64

AMD A4-3305M Processor
    6GB RAM
    1GB+512MB Hybrid AMD GPU

optimus22 Posts 6Views 838