• Antergos Review at fossforce on May 30th, 2016

For a look into fossforce’s review of Antergos (May30), here’s the link:

Kicking the Tires on Arch Based Antergos

• The images they used are horribly outdated…Why didn’t they make their own?

I7 [email protected]/32GB Ram/3440 x 1440 + 1440p/EVGA 1080 FTW/512GB SSD/2TB HD/Antergos Base w/ Plasma

• @Wyn We’ll assume is an aging PC without “print screen”

• “Experienced user or not, I would be wary of using Antergos in a production situation, such as in an office setting for example, where stability and near 100 percent uptime is required. The fact that the repositories lean towards the most recent releases”

this is the same old tired myth thats been around for years. :expressionless:

• @megaman I know. Never been a fan of this particular myth.

• i would not say i am a experience user…Also not deep technical but if there is something only know way to find… is not i am a real arch user install from bottom… Also i got fine old hardware so it runs ok mostly :p 99procent :p only last systemd update i had to kick wpa_supplicant as service file somehow

• @megaman said in Antergos Review at fossforce on May 30th, 2016:

“Experienced user or not, I would be wary of using Antergos in a production situation, such as in an office setting for example, where stability and near 100 percent uptime is required. The fact that the repositories lean towards the most recent releases”

this is the same old tired myth thats been around for years. :expressionless:

I´m using Antergos since a YEAR on my little bussiness, and not having any SINGLE problem of stability. Rock solid. Only about two minor (really minor) issues that i fixed by myself with this helpful forum, and i´m not a Linux advanced user.

Antergos Gnome - Lenovo G4070
    Antergos XFCE (Ex-Mate) - Dell D630
    Antergos Cinnamon - Asus E-11
    Puppy Linux Precise 5.7.1 - Asus 701 EEEpc
    Puppy Linux Lxpuptahr USB live - All machines

• Read the Arch bulletin board before any major updates, been using Antergos for three years on same machine and never an issue.

• @Arup-Roy-Chowdhury i almost never read that and just update whenever. been on Antergos couple years now and never had an issue.

• sometimes i make my own issues, but if you dont need feel for update rightaway, you can always wait for 2 a 3 days :)

fossforce1 30th1 review4 Posts 10Views 2287