• cant install antergos on my copmaq cq58

i downloaded both the images the minimal one and the the regular but with both as soon as i press f9 i choose the internal cd/dvd (tried both uefi and not ) but the screen gets black and i get all these weird messages that have something to do about how my cpu gets stuck for “x” seconds . i cant even go to the live installation because the screen stays all black like that for hours . can someone helo me im a real newbie at this .

• Welcome! It would be useful to know some specs of your hardware. What s your graphics card?
    To start with: Press e when the menu shows up and search for the line which ends to "quiet splash"
    Add the parameter nomodeset after that and try booting this way by pressing [Ctrl]+[X] ( if I remember well) with this added parameter. This parameter will not be saved, just used in this single boot and nothing is damaged. (To cancel without changes press [Esc]).
    Hopefully, the system will boot into a default graphical environment and you will be able to install/reinstall driver or configuration packages.

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• @anarch my graphic card is a AMD Radeon HD 7310 . im gonna try that and hope it works

• didn’t work

• maybe try the full disc iso just for testing.

• May I ask what kind oflive media are you using and how you wrote/burned it?
    Also, did you check the integrity of both the downloaded iso file and the live media performing a MD5sum check?
    A final check could be checking your live media with other computers.
    Regards

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

copmaq1 cq581 Posts 6Views 501