• Can't install Antergos 64bit from live iso. i have EM64T PC.

i have sony vaio laptop which i bought in 2007 .

its based on 64bit processor and EM64T intel technology. i can installl windows 10 64bit. i can also install antergos 32bit.

but today i usb live booted in 64bit iso. but my cnchi is not opening when i click on install antergos . nothing happens. no error message.

do antergos 64bit support EM64T SSE2 VT-X design ?? or is this bug in ur latest live image?

sorry for my english and poor knowledge on this.

sir please answer. I m noob.

• @Sam-N said in Can't install Antergos 64bit from live iso. i have EM64T PC.:

…my cnchi is not opening when i click on install antergos . nothing happens.

• Connect to Internet
    • Press once (hit) the Super (Win) key on the keyboard
    • Find Terminal application (start typing in “terminal”)
    • Start it
    • In Terminal, enter the command
      sudo cnchi

• Cnchi installer will open
    • Click “Install It” button with the mouse
    • Follow normal Antergos installation
    • Do not close Terminal until installation is finished

Good luck

• I have the same issue, cnchi wont start. I gonna try this method
    I hope this will be fixed, as Antergos will lose many new users if they meet problems right with installing

• Antergos is aimed to facilitate Arch and its various DEs installation. Like other Arch installers do.

Arch doesn’t need to gain new users. It is the perfect Linux.

Regards

• This is most buggy installer. I tried to install twice. All files downloaded n then installation failed with error.

It’s shame antergos not even care to include “Suse image USB writer” app in their live ISO image.
    Now how to write minimal ISO to another USB in such a crisis.

• @Sam-N , @diacska25, Have you been through our wiki to get advice on how to create your live media? (by the way “Suse image USB writer” is among the tools mentioned to use there)…
    https://antergos.com/wiki/install/create-a-working-live-usb/

Some tips:
    Make sure you have a good Internet connection. This is very important. Use Ethernet connection if needed.
    Let the installer update itself (it will only take a moment to do so).
    After it notifies you that it is updated, run it.

• Also, there have been reports that after unchecking extra software the
      installer worked successfully.
      Hope this helps
      Cheers

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• @anarch
    sir i know how to use suse image writer. but the question i asked is why antergos developer never included suse writer app in this gnome live environment iso ?

even manjaro, mint keep usb image writer in thier live iso for emergency.

i searched in antergos gnome live iso but i cant find any usb writer application. only gparted i find . but no usb image writer app. i have tough time now coz i dont have 2 laptops.

• You misunderstood me. I never said you don t know how to use any image writer, did I? I just said that the Suse tool is included among the suggested iso wtiting tools in the wiki.
    To tell you the truth, I don t recall any such complaint as yours, but I guess there is always room for suggestions and improvements from us users.
    In the meantime…
    What did you write your iso with?
    Did you make an ISO MD5 checksum -to be sure about its integrity?
    Download and use the Suse writing tool from your live session.
    Let me ask you a question: What makes you so sure that if you were running a Suse written iso would have successfully completed installation and so you would not have 2 useless computers like now?
    We had better focus on solving your problem. Different hardware acts differently, as you know…
    Cheers

Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500

• @just I had the same issue as the OP. If cnchi needs a working internet connection to start the install or run with elevated privileges cnchi needs to notify the users about this. I’ve used many Linux distros, but this is was my first distro that I could not get the installer to start. I wanted let it go and move on, but I tried installing with the new ISO and Ethernet connected on my laptop and the install completed successfully. I like it so far and I’m typing this post from my new Antergos. If cnchi has bugs they need to be addressed and please don’t tell the users that all is perfect without them and Arch does not need new users (read newbies). If I find Arch to be the best and most stable and trouble free distro, I will install it on all my machines and spread the word.

Thanks

• @jolebole :

… If cnchi needs a working internet connection to start the install or run with elevated privileges cnchi needs to notify the users about this. I’ve used many Linux distros, but this is was my first distro that I could not get the installer to start. I wanted let it go and move on, but I tried installing with the new ISO and Ethernet connected on my laptop and the install completed successfully. …
    … If cnchi has bugs they need to be addressed

Hi
    Please, bear in mind that Arch & non-modifying Arch based distros need an active internet connection in order to install. This is because of its rolling nature. It keeps updated/upgraded daily, so from the time an iso is released to the time you use it many things will have already changed. Proceeding with installation means that you ll always get the very latest software. In case you could install it offline you would end up with a broken system.
    Another common mistake we do. We hurry installing it. But, wait! Try it first! Do you like its looks? Its performance? Does it sit well on our own hardware?
    Taking this into account, I really don t think there should be a notification in Cnchi that you need an Internet connection.
    Another common mistake I can point out. Doing some homework beforehand, so as to know what I am going to be dealing with. Having heard of a distro just isn t enough information. Especially when it comes to distros orientated to middle/advanced Linux users. Despite the fact that with Antergos you can have a ready-to-go Arch system in 15 mins, it s still Arch! It simply spares you the time to go through hard times reading beginners guides, taking notes, etc (do it some time, though, it s really fun)!.
    Finally, to give a full answer to you (though not right in somebody else s topic), I recall blaming Cnchi for your VLC not working. I m not sure if it is the installer s problem. I myself found it tricky and swapped it for KODI (think I read Debian are dropping it if I am not mistaken).
    Please fell free to give any feedback/suggestions/reports that could help the devs . And please be specific/detailed.
    Cheers

64bit2 iso45 live34 Posts 10Views 1653