• DVDStyler error

When trying to launch from the command line I get this error. when trying to launch from the desktop, the select langangue screen pops up after selecting screen goes away and nothing happens.

17:27:41: Warning: Mismatch between the program and library build versions detected.
    The library used 3.0 (wchar_t,compiler with C++ ABI 1009,wx containers,compatible with 2.8),
    and your program used 3.0 (wchar_t,compiler with C++ ABI 1010,wx containers,compatible with 2.8).
    Segmentation fault (core dumped)

This happened with version 2.9.6-2 and after being upgraded to version 2.9.6-3 same thing happened.
    Is this an AUR problem or is this an Antergos problem, I have treid to contact the program maintainers to no avail.
    I am a user only
    Thank You
    any and all help appreciated

Linux will set you free!
    Windows will enslave

• For some reason I can’t seem to get any response from any one from AUR maintainer or here as what
    could be the problem and how to fix this. Have A Good Day All, back to OpenSuse where I know DVDStyler works fine, I really tried!!

Goodday to All
    jusmonty

Linux will set you free!
    Windows will enslave

• Really sorry for not being able to find any help.
    So long!

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• I was wondering if anyone has tried to install this program, if so was the problems that I incured
    fixed.

Goodday to All
    jusmonty

Linux will set you free!
    Windows will enslave

• Hi, again. Maybe because of this?
    “DVDStyler developer Alex Thüring is preparing for the launch of the 3.0 major release of his open-source and cross-platform DVD authoring software, DVDStyler”.
    http://news.softpedia.com/news/dvdstyler-3-0-dvd-authoring-tool-to-brings-ffmpeg-3-0-support-animations-504931.shtml?utm_content=buffer2cc0c&utm_medium=social&utm_source=plus.google.com&utm_campaign=buffer

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• @anarch Thanks for the info it was very much appreciated. Hopefully this will solve everything.

Goodday to All
    jusmonty

Linux will set you free!
    Windows will enslave

• Hello,

this error happens because of GCC 6.1 for some reason. Compiling wxWidgets yourself with GCC 5.4 helps but is pain (remove package + manual install). Got the same error on SUSE with different program.

• people still use dvds? :open_mouth:

• @megaman Yes, I have an elderly couple that really enjoy the dvds that I make for them. They really don’t get out much
    and their dvd player give them some real enjoyment.

Goodday all
    jusmonty

Linux will set you free!
    Windows will enslave

• @jusmonty if you talk to my grandparents they will tell you VHS is still the top media you can own ;)

• @erkki Thanks for the info, I’m using opensuse leaf 42.1 now to finish a project that i started, dvdstyler from the pacman repo works perfectly. When AUR has Dvdstyler 3.0, I think that will solve all the problems.

Thanks Again
    Goodday all
    jusmonty

Linux will set you free!
    Windows will enslave

• @megaman I hear that all the time from that couple too, it took alot to convince them to invest in a Dvd player. They have a boat load of VHS tapes and 2 spare players to boot.

Goodday all
    jusmonty

Linux will set you free!
    Windows will enslave

• @Justmonty You can try DeVeDe is the one & only I use to make DVD’s for a long time now.

O/S: Antergos Plasma 5 (KF5) 64-bit
    CPU: Pentium Dual-Core CPU E5300 @ 2.6GHz
    GPU: Intel 4 Series Integrated Graphics Controller
    GPU driver: Mesa DRI Intel® G41
    "If you like Antergos, Please donate!"

• @metaldude Thanks mate, I will give DeVeDe a try.

Goodday All
    jusmonty

Linux will set you free!
    Windows will enslave

• The same problem occurs with the new version dvdstyler 3.0-1. I Try DeVeDe and Bombono in the mean time.

GoodDay All
    jusmonty

Linux will set you free!
    Windows will enslave

• @jusmonty According to AUR mailing list this problem has been resolved

Goodday All
    jusmonty

Linux will set you free!
    Windows will enslave

error170 dvdstyler1 Posts 16Views 1568