• Cnchi stops after the second step

After I chose language Cnchi showes there are enough space ,connected the internet ,so after the systemcheck if I want to go forwward it stops without error massage. I have Antergos on this Laptop, so my system is compatible with antergos. I could install itt a week ago

• I also had an issue with the big installer - did you try the light one?

• O no, I’ll try it :) I just wanted to take a look at it if there are changes, so fortunately no need to reinstall

• Please, provide the /tmp/cnchi.log file so we can try to find out what’s going on.

Thanks!

• I tried it again, works fine now

• I am brand new to Antergos, so this might be a stupid thing to say… but I am going to say it anyway.

I first tried the iso download via torrent. I always torrent when that is an option. I got antergos-2016.05.24-x86_64.iso. I tried to install this several times on several computers and MOST of the time, I got the symptom that is the title of this thread.

In doing research, I saw lots of old posts that claim these types of issues were solved many months or years ago. So I downloaded antergos-2016.05.24-x86_64.iso via a direct mirror, not torrent. This time, I can install it on every computer, first time.

• I used the installer yesterday, coming from manjaro, and downloaded via direct mirror.
    I was presented with some package problem followed by abort install about 5-7 times. It only worked when I disabled the printer option and only enabled AUR.
    Btw, am I insecure to roll without the firewall option? (sorry for the noob question)
    And another question, how can I install those printer and bluetooth options that I had to uncheck?
    Thanks!

• @gustavown said in Cnchi stops after the second step:

It only worked when I disabled the printer option and only enabled AUR.

You managed to install because some needed package of those options was not available or the download was faulty. It’s a pity we don’t have the log.

To install printer packages run:

sudo pacman -S cups cups-pk-helper foomatic-db-nonfree gsfonts gutenprint hplip splix

And if you use a GTK DE (Gnome , CInnamon, XFCE) install this:
    sudo pacman -S system-config-printer
    But if you use KDE:
    sudo pacman -S print-manager

Do not worry about the firewall if you’re using your PC as a workstation. If you’re planning to use it as a server you should install it, though.

To install it:
    sudo pacman -S ufw gufw

Cheers!

• This post is deleted!
  • After reading about openbox, I’m inclined to try it later today, since I’ll not be losing much by doing a fresh install.

If I leave AUR repositories unchecked, I won’t be able to search in AUR from pamac?

I’ll keep you guys posted about the installation.

• The openbox installation went fine, I unchecked printer, but that’s because I don’t have one.

An issue I had with openbox was that my adjust brightness keys on my notebook weren’t working, I couldn’t get a workaround, and the system just wasn’t for me, so I’m back with gnome.

Cheers!

• An issue I had with openbox was that my adjust brightness keys on my notebook weren’t working, I couldn’t get a workaround, and the system just wasn’t for me, so I’m back with gnome.

There’s xbacklight to do that. But I agree, it’s not an easy system to work with (there’s a stepping learning curve compared to other WM/DE’s, but it’s the fastest one, that’s why some of us enjoy it).

Anyways, you never know until you try it

Cheers!

stops2 step2 second3 cnchi104 Posts 12Views 1317