• Screen Reader

Greetings All,

I am blind. I cannot get the screen reader to function. It shows in accessibility options and it can be toggled on and off but there is not activity. I tried to install Orca but with the same results. All other audio functions such as MP3, Video or streaming work just fine and when I go to settings to check on the audio it functions well too,giving proper results to the test signals.

I run an older system,a Winfast/Focxcom board with a dual core AMD 64 bit bit processor and on board AC 97 sound chips.

Any ideas on where to go from here? Thanks for all you help in advance,

Brent [/size:1iipjs3x]

• Greetings All,

I am blind. I cannot get the screen reader to function. It shows in accessibility options and it can be toggled on and off but there is not activity. I tried to install Orca but with the same results. All other audio functions such as MP3, Video or streaming work just fine and when I go to settings to check on the audio it functions well too,giving proper results to the test signals.

I run an older system,a Winfast/Focxcom board with a dual core AMD 64 bit bit processor and on board AC 97 sound chips.

Any ideas on where to go from here? Thanks for all you help in advance,

Brent [/size:1iipjs3x]

• Hi,

Try installing the latest version of orca from gnome’s git repository. It might contain bug fixes related to the issue you are having. There is a PKGBUILD available in the AUR called “orca-git” You can use yaourt to install it. Hope that helps!

Best Regards,

• Thanks, I see that but I get an error that says I don’t have a compiler installed. What should I install it correct this?

Brent

• pacman -S base-devel

• As @AJSlye has already pointed out, you need to install the base-devel group like this:

sudo pacman -S base-devel --noconfirm

Afterwards, you can install orca-git with:

yaourt -S orca-git --noconfirm

Cheers!

• Thanks everyone, that did it.
    Brent

• You’re most welcome. We are always glad to help!

Cheers!

Posts 8Views 1859
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.