• Yaourt error in Packman

Hi,

I’ve just installed Antergros (Cinnamon)… which seemed to go fairly smoovley.

I want to start installing some of the applications I will need so I start up Pacman XG and I get a message in red telling me “There are some errors and warnings! Click here to see them”

When I do, It says error next to yaourt and repackage.

I’ve been mint user for years I don’t know much about Pacman or yaourt yer… Is it meant to say this out of the box?

Thanks for any help

Tim

• Hi,

I’ve just installed Antergros (Cinnamon)… which seemed to go fairly smoovley.

I want to start installing some of the applications I will need so I start up Pacman XG and I get a message in red telling me “There are some errors and warnings! Click here to see them”

When I do, It says error next to yaourt and repackage.

I’ve been mint user for years I don’t know much about Pacman or yaourt yer… Is it meant to say this out of the box?

Thanks for any help

Tim

• Hi,

I’m just guessing, but I think it’s just telling you that yaourt is not installed. If you only want to install official packages it’s no problem at all.

I’m not a fan of PacmanXG myself, so I always use the terminal.

Using pacman is easier than it seems.

apt-get update --> pacman -Syu
    apt-get install package --> pacman -S package

apt-cache search package --> pacman -Ss package

You have a complete list here : [url:1km9kyo6]https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pacman_Rosetta[/url:1km9kyo6]

Cheers!

Posts 3Views 746