• Locked out root after "input source" changed and then logged out

Hi
    I am in a very annoying situation:
    Right at the moment i was enjoying Antergos and putting all settings in the way i want and need, the system logged me out.

Automatic logged out after that i have changed the keyboard “input source”. Why i was logged out is a mistery.
    I know the root password but because of the changed “input source” i can’t type it anymore with my keyboard.
    The password has one special character that isn’t available now.

Already tried but without succes:

• change the “input source” back thru Live usb and chroot
    • reset the root password with chroot and passwd

The weird thing is that when i after the reset try to login with the new password Antergos doesn’t login or show password error.

Has this something to do with “shadow”?

Please help

• Supposing you used English locales for your password, try this out. Get to a tty screen pressing
    Alt + Control + F2
    Enter your user name and password when prompted and then type
    passwd username thotgh just passwd should be enough and change the password in numbers.
    Then, press Alt+Control+F1 to get back to the GUI and give the numeric password to enter.

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 18.04 64bit Gnome
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• Alt + Control + F2

Doesn’t do anything. My system is a dual boot MacOS and Antergos with rEFInd. How to get in that?

But i can get into recovery shell and have tried already the

passwd

without succes.
    Please more tips and tricks because i can’t put more time in getting a system working. I have also work to get done.

Above

[rootfs ]#

I get

sh: can't access tty: job control turned off 

So, how to get in tty?

• Nothing that i found on the internet worked, so it seams that it’s difficult to change root password while not logged in as root.
    A good thing for security. Because of “shadow” used in Arch?

“Solved” because i have managed to recover my one week older /etc folder. And i am back in! 🙂
    I start to like linux!

On ipad not possible to mark post as solved?

• Glad you found a way back, sorry for being unable to get any assistance.

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 18.04 64bit Gnome
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

login105 login keyboard2 Posts 5Views 948
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.