Since at about a little bit more than two weeks I can’t log in, because the only thing I see on my screen is a white building block in the center of my screen. On top left of the cuboid there is written in blue colour “Antergos”. I do not see anything else. There is no area where I could write my username and no area, where I could type in my password.
    With Ctrl+Alt-F3 I get the administration-screen and can log in, but after that I am not able to start a graphical surface.
    So my system is quite unusable. Does anyone have an idea how to solve this problem?

• Two weeks is quite a long time with no updates. So, update your system from tty, when it finishes, type reboot and let s hope you ll be able to login. If not, here we are again.
    ***When you say 'With Ctrl+Alt-F3 I get the administration-screen and can log in, but after that I am not able to start a graphical surface", what do you mean? You get stuck with the tty screen?

• I updated with tty. But the problem still exists.
    From tty the command startx does not help. If I do Ctrl+Alt+F7, I come back to the unreadable login-Screenshot.

• What DE are you running?

• Have you tried doing
    systemctl stop lightdm
    systemctl disable lightdm (might not be necessary)
    Then see if you can login.
    If running Xfce enter
    startxfce4
    Gnome - I would assume gnome-session or something like that
    KDE - absolutlely no idea,l

• Oh, if startxfce4 works, then perhaps try a differnt Display Manager,
    SDDM, MDM, Slim.
    I use slim even though I have read that developement has ceased; my guess would be because of Gnome requiring logind, but, I could be wrong.

• Thanks for so many good tips! Overnight I could not read and the next hours I am at work. I will try in the afternoon to do the purposes. What I see just now is that there several commands i maybe used wrong: i.e. startx or startxfce4.
    I am using the XFCE-surface. Hope this was ment with “DE” - I don’t know the abbreviation.

• DE = Desktop Enviroment

I had this same problem. What I did was

yaourt -Syua
    pacman -S gdm
    systemctl disable lightdm
    systemctl enable gdm
    pacman -Rns lightdm-webkit2-greeter
    reboot
    pacman -S lightdm-webkit2-greeter
    systemctl disable gdm
    systemctl enable lightdm
    pacman -Rns gdm

• I tried herbies first propose. It works. But I have to do on this way after every reboot. Because of that I will tomorrow either stop the login routine (I am the only user) or I have to change the manager. More on Wednesday evening.

• I think I solved the problem. I installed another greeter theme: pantheon. I changed as root the line in /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf “session-greeter=lightdm-pantheon-greeter”, saved and rebooted. It worked.
    The idea to do it in this way I got from german Manjaro-Forum. Some user complained that older gtk2-themes had become destroyed by the last update, because more and more there should be gtk3-themes. I thought that perhaps my problem that I don’t see anything in that window for login, that this problem has a connection to what the Manjaro-Users reported. Thanks to all who helped me with good advices.

Posts 10Views 1825
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.