I’m using gdm and I often switch between user accounts and different monitors / usb keyboards. This usually works fine however sometimes when I do this (meaning locking the screen, switching user, return from susspend) the keyboard is suddenly not working and. I can not enter a password or go to another tty. Using the SysRq + R key I can get limited keyboard control and go to another tty he system behaves weird after that . One of the following symptoms occur:
- All tty’s are occupied by gdm (so none of them has a console). Usually after a fresh reboot gdm is only on tty1 - tt3 (login screen and 2 user account gnome sessions). Something the keyboard works on another tty and I can login from there.
- Sometimes, no fonts are rendered in my gnome session
- The keyboard does not work in my gnome session after logging in
- If I go to a terminal and restart gdm my screen is going on and off continuesly
- Some tty’s have a black screen and do not respond on input
Until now I always end up restarting the system. I’ve already disablled Wayland in gdm. I prefer not to switch to Lightdm since I had more severe issues with that.
Log file: 0_1461784719475_crashlog_gdm.txt.tar