• Cinnamon DE Applets dont show up

I a running Cinnamon 2.0.14. Everything else runs fine. However the applets dont show up in the panel. If I remove and add them again then they appear. And later disappear again.

• I a running Cinnamon 2.0.14. Everything else runs fine. However the applets dont show up in the panel. If I remove and add them again then they appear. And later disappear again.

• Hi,

That behavior is a widely reported bug in Cinnamon that has yet to be completely fixed although it has gotten better. For the best results set the following options in System Settings>Panel

Enable "Use custom panel size"
    Enable "Allow Cinnamon to scale text and panel icons"
    Set panel height to any setting you want, just don’t leave it at the default.

Once you restart you should see better behavior with this issue although its not perfect. A lot also depends on the theme you have set as some themes are not coded as well as others. Hope this info helps!

Best Regards,
    Dustin

• I already have those settings enabled. Infact I have the almost the same setup (Icon themes, applets etc) on Linux Mint 16 which I am also running in dual boot. Everything works fine there.

If its a bug then I hope its resolved soon. Cinnamon has got the best look and feel in my mind. I dont want to go back to Gnome and KDE.

Posts 4Views 559