• Flashing "layer" over screen when opening a new window (KDE)

Hello people,

I am having a very strange problem with my ~2days old install of Antergos x64 with KDE, using an NVIDIA Gtx 750Ti:
    At random window-openings, when the application is not opened maximized/ only a partial window, the rest of the desktop surface is covered with a black-white flashing transparent layer, that disappears pixel for pixel only, when I “wipe” is away with the window, or set it to max window size and set it back. Is there any way to fix this?

• Is your graphics card seated properly and the fan working? I have the same model card here and it is working fine with Gnome. You may want to search for problems related to KDE, maybe it is a known bug.

• I dont have any problems using Linux Mint 17.3 KDE Edition, but this is an earlier KDE Edition…

Guess I found the problem: When I use OpenGL 3.1 for effects, it does flickers and stuff, but it doesnt on 2.0, so guess I just keep using 2.0 then.
    Edit 2:Nope, still flickers when opening system settings or konsole…

• I just checked wether my card is loose or something similar, but seems to be all ok there 😞

• I’ve got a similar problem with Geforce gtx 1050 TI. Brandnew

Any Solution?

• nouveau or nvidia driver???
    Because i get screen flickering inside Gnome with a nvidia-GT710 and nouveau driver + wayland.
    With nvidia Driver + Xorg-session all is goooood!

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    my#repo
    my-blog#k
    how to add system logs
    i3-°-xfce

kde128 nvidia118 glitch3 graphics error1 Posts 6Views 919
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.