• B.I.D.A - Operating System Not Found

My goal:

Install Arch Linux Artegos

What I did:

1. Boot into Hiren’t Boot CD and format hard drive with “Disk Eraser”. I chose the last method “internal: secure erase command writes zeros to the entire data area”

2. created a GPT Partitioned hard drive with 5 partitions, all ext4:

• sda1 - /boot/efi - 4GB
      • sda2 - /root - 8GB
      • sda3 - swap - 16GB
      • sda4 - /Home - 244GB
      • sda5 - System Restor - 26 GB
      • unallocated - 92.34 MB
    3. Rebooted with the Arch Minimal Install CD. Went with UEFI setup. Chose the partitions I wanted to install to. It downloaded and unpacked everything. Told me to restart. When I did, it went to "Operating SYstem Not Found.

4. I went back to GParted and saw that nothing had been written o /sda1. So I copied everything from the /boot folder in /sda2 to /sda1. i also changed the format to FAT32 and added a boot flag just to be certain it would be picked up. Still nothing.

When I check the drive, everything was written fine. So, Before I Do Anything, where should I go from here?

• So I figured out what was happening. I had made a system recovery partition at the end of the hard drive, and it was gliching the install out, as it was trying to boot from both places. I erased the system restore partition, re installed and it worked fine.

system123 operating3 not found1 Posts 2Views 623
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.