• Installation Feedback (UEFI Asus P8P67 Bios 3602)

[b:2d7nxii9]iso:[/b:2d7nxii9]
    antergos-2013.11.17-x86_64

[b:2d7nxii9]Hardware:
    [/b:2d7nxii9]Asus P8P67 with Bios 3602 (UEFI)
    Windows Pro 8.1 on SSD (/dev/sda)
    hdd with root partition (/dev/sdb)

[b:2d7nxii9]Creating the usb media:[/b:2d7nxii9]
    As I did it on windows, I used Universal-USB-Installer-1.9.5.1
    I booted the USB in UEFI mode and grub started properly, but it couldn’t find vmlinuz… So I booted back to windows and modified [b:2d7nxii9]/loader/entries/archiso-x86_64.conf[/b:2d7nxii9] (changed path of vmlinuz and archiso.img and added archisodevice to the partiton on the usb media):

title Antergos x86\_64 UEFI USB  
    linux /arch/boot/vmlinuz  
    initrd /arch/boot/archiso.img  
    options archisodevice=/dev/sdd1 archisobasedir=arch archisolabel=ANTERGOS201311

So booting the usb media worked…

[b:2d7nxii9]3 initial thoughts on cnchi:
    [/b:2d7nxii9][list:2d7nxii9][*:2d7nxii9]there was no visual feedback of using uefi cnchi, so i forced it with [b:2d7nxii9]sudo cnchi -g efi[/b:2d7nxii9], just to be save…[/*:m:2d7nxii9]
    [*:2d7nxii9]the fonts in the presentation frame are blurred[/*:m:2d7nxii9]
    [*:2d7nxii9]during the installation process I chose german input, at least cnchi should use this immediatly, otherwise you may get a problem when entering for example a y or z for your user pass, because they are twisted on german and english keyboards[/*:m:2d7nxii9][/list:u:2d7nxii9]
    [b:2d7nxii9]my preferred partition layout:[/b:2d7nxii9]
    /dev/sda2 … reuse the win uefi partition
    /dev/sdb2 … / with ext4 and swapfile

[b:2d7nxii9]Installation #1 with graphical installer from antergos-2013.11.17-x86_64:[/b:2d7nxii9]

After downloading and installing all pkgs cnchi stuck at 100%, complete output on terminal:

[[email protected] ~]$ sudo cnchi -g efi  

(cnchi.py:1034): dconf-CRITICAL \*\*: unable to create directory '/root/.cache/dconf': Permission denied. dconf will not work properly.  

(cnchi.py:1034): dconf-CRITICAL \*\*: unable to create directory '/root/.cache/dconf': Permission denied. dconf will not work properly.  

failed to open /dev/sr0: No medium found  
    dumpe2fs 1.42.8 (20-Jun-2013)  
    mke2fs 1.42.8 (20-Jun-2013)  
    warning: 256 blocks unused.  

Paket base-devel in keinem Repositorium gefunden!  
    Paket gvfs-obexftp in keinem Repositorium gefunden!  
    Paket xorg-drivers in keinem Repositorium gefunden!  
    Paket ntfs-3g in keinem Repositorium gefunden!  
    Paket e2fsprogs in keinem Repositorium gefunden!  
    Paket dosfstools in keinem Repositorium gefunden!  
    Paket foomatic-filters in keinem Repositorium gefunden!  
    umount: /install/dev: target is busy  
    (In some cases useful info about processes that  
    use the device is found by lsof(8) or fuser(1).)  

So I killed it… On windows I could see, that /dev/sdb2 was recogniced as an uefi parition, so something went here completly wrong…

[b:2d7nxii9]Installation #2 with graphical installer from git:[/b:2d7nxii9]

wget http://antergos.info/testing.sh  
    chmod +x testing.sh  
    sudo -E ./testing.sh

the script updated the repos, installed the packages, downloaded cnchi from git, but when it tried to start it, it complained about “no Internet connection”. rerunning the script didn’t change that. but internet was and is working all the time…

[b:2d7nxii9]Installation #3 with cli installer:[/b:2d7nxii9]
    I mounted the efi partition /dev/sda2 on /boot/efi
    /dev/sdb2 on / with ext4 format

When I came to the grub install, it complained about, that there is no uefi partition on /dev/sdb O.o thats why I mounted /dev/sda2 xD

So I ignored that, chrooted, checked the /boot/efi mount, and ran the following commands:

grub-install --target=x86\_64-efi --efi-directory=/boot/efi --bootloader-id=grub --recheck  
    grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg

[b:2d7nxii9]And it boots just fine…[/b:2d7nxii9]

• [b:2d7nxii9]iso:[/b:2d7nxii9]
    antergos-2013.11.17-x86_64

[b:2d7nxii9]Hardware:
    [/b:2d7nxii9]Asus P8P67 with Bios 3602 (UEFI)
    Windows Pro 8.1 on SSD (/dev/sda)
    hdd with root partition (/dev/sdb)

[b:2d7nxii9]Creating the usb media:[/b:2d7nxii9]
    As I did it on windows, I used Universal-USB-Installer-1.9.5.1
    I booted the USB in UEFI mode and grub started properly, but it couldn’t find vmlinuz… So I booted back to windows and modified [b:2d7nxii9]/loader/entries/archiso-x86_64.conf[/b:2d7nxii9] (changed path of vmlinuz and archiso.img and added archisodevice to the partiton on the usb media):

title Antergos x86\_64 UEFI USB  
    linux /arch/boot/vmlinuz  
    initrd /arch/boot/archiso.img  
    options archisodevice=/dev/sdd1 archisobasedir=arch archisolabel=ANTERGOS201311

So booting the usb media worked…

[b:2d7nxii9]3 initial thoughts on cnchi:
    [/b:2d7nxii9][list:2d7nxii9][*:2d7nxii9]there was no visual feedback of using uefi cnchi, so i forced it with [b:2d7nxii9]sudo cnchi -g efi[/b:2d7nxii9], just to be save…[/*:m:2d7nxii9]
    [*:2d7nxii9]the fonts in the presentation frame are blurred[/*:m:2d7nxii9]
    [*:2d7nxii9]during the installation process I chose german input, at least cnchi should use this immediatly, otherwise you may get a problem when entering for example a y or z for your user pass, because they are twisted on german and english keyboards[/*:m:2d7nxii9][/list:u:2d7nxii9]
    [b:2d7nxii9]my preferred partition layout:[/b:2d7nxii9]
    /dev/sda2 … reuse the win uefi partition
    /dev/sdb2 … / with ext4 and swapfile

[b:2d7nxii9]Installation #1 with graphical installer from antergos-2013.11.17-x86_64:[/b:2d7nxii9]

After downloading and installing all pkgs cnchi stuck at 100%, complete output on terminal:

[[email protected] ~]$ sudo cnchi -g efi  

Paket base-devel in keinem Repositorium gefunden!  
    Paket gvfs-obexftp in keinem Repositorium gefunden!  
    Paket xorg-drivers in keinem Repositorium gefunden!  
    Paket ntfs-3g in keinem Repositorium gefunden!  
    Paket e2fsprogs in keinem Repositorium gefunden!  
    Paket dosfstools in keinem Repositorium gefunden!  
    Paket foomatic-filters in keinem Repositorium gefunden!  
    umount: /install/dev: target is busy  
    (In some cases useful info about processes that  
    use the device is found by lsof(8) or fuser(1).)  

So I killed it… On windows I could see, that /dev/sdb2 was recogniced as an uefi parition, so something went here completly wrong…

[b:2d7nxii9]Installation #2 with graphical installer from git:[/b:2d7nxii9]

wget http://antergos.info/testing.sh  
    chmod +x testing.sh  
    sudo -E ./testing.sh

the script updated the repos, installed the packages, downloaded cnchi from git, but when it tried to start it, it complained about “no Internet connection”. rerunning the script didn’t change that. but internet was and is working all the time…

[b:2d7nxii9]Installation #3 with cli installer:[/b:2d7nxii9]
    I mounted the efi partition /dev/sda2 on /boot/efi
    /dev/sdb2 on / with ext4 format

When I came to the grub install, it complained about, that there is no uefi partition on /dev/sdb O.o thats why I mounted /dev/sda2 xD

So I ignored that, chrooted, checked the /boot/efi mount, and ran the following commands:

grub-install --target=x86\_64-efi --efi-directory=/boot/efi --bootloader-id=grub --recheck  
    grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg

[b:2d7nxii9]And it boots just fine…[/b:2d7nxii9]

• Hi,

First, big thanks for your feedback, this is just what we need right now because atm we don’t have any UEFI systems to do our tests.

So I booted back to windows and modified /loader/entries/archiso-x86_64.conf

This was modified a month ago… [url:34ndc5cy]https://github.com/Antergos/antergos-iso/blob/master/configs/antergos/efiboot/loader/entries/archiso-x86_64-usb.conf[/url:34ndc5cy]

I think these changes were not added in the 17.11.2013 release, but I’m not 100% sure.

the fonts in the presentation frame are blurred

What do you mean by blurred? Can you take a screenshot? They show fine here.

during the installation process I chose german input, at least cnchi should use this immediatly, otherwise you may get a problem when entering for example a y or z for your user pass, because they are twisted on german and english keyboards

Yep, this was fixed some time ago, but it introduced a new bug that I fixed today that just starting Cnchi it set the keyboard to American English. I hope everything is ok now.

Installation #1 with graphical installer from antergos-2013.11.17-x86_64:

Please, bear in mind that we have done a LOT of fixes in UEFI code since 2013.11.17, so a lot has changed.

Paket XXXX in keinem Repositorium gefunden!

We were using an interface with pyalpm that caused this (and other) errors. We have rewritten all interface code with pyalpm and these errors are gone now.

Please, when testing always run cnchi with the -dv flags, this way we’ll have more info to sort out what has gone wrong.

Which installation method did you choose? Automatic on /dev/sdb? If that’s the case, that part of code has changed a lot thanks to lots0logs. I’m sure he can help you to sort out what has gone wrong (if you want to test it again when he asks we’ll be very grateful

Installation #2 with graphical installer from git:

We’re currently doing a lot of changes in UEFI in Git, so YMMV. I don’t recall if yesterday or the day before I fixed a bug about “no Internet connection”, so it should be fixed right now.

All in all, I’m happy you did manage to install Antergos with the CLI installer.

We’ll try to fix all problems you’ve found and ask again to do some tests if you don’t mind.

Thanks!

• hi, because of a short offtime of the forum my last answer vanished, so I make it short this time

blurred fonts: It looks to me like fonts in a resized picture, so it looks a bit blurred to me.
    automatic vs manual: I always use manual, except the installer assured me to at least show me the exact changes before everythings gone
    further testing: I’d be glad to.

• We most certainly appreciate the feedback. As @karasu already mentioned, we have put a lot of work into the UEFI bootloader installation over the last few weeks. It’s especially difficult to get right when none of us have UEFI systems

Best Regards,

• @“lots.0.logs”:2kglc1g3 said:

If you select manual mode and set your own partitions, mount your existing UEFI partition at /boot and it will install the entry into your windows bootloader.[/quote:2kglc1g3]

not /boot/efi?

/boot on the efi partition would result in populating the efi patition with the whole grub install.

• [b:11fhosak]iso:[/b:11fhosak]
    antergos-2014.01.14-x86_64

suse imagewriter:
    resulted in usb media without uefi boot option, legacy usb resulted in blinking cursor.

universal usb installer:
    paths are correct now, but I needed to add achisodevice=/path/to/usbpartition, otherwise I ended up in a rescue shell

[b:11fhosak]installation with:[/b:11fhosak]
    wget [http://antergos.info/testing.sh][0]">[http://antergos.info/testing.sh][1]
    chmod +x testing.sh
    sudo -E ./testing.sh

[b:11fhosak]mountpoints:[/b:11fhosak]
    /dev/sda2 /boot/efi reuse existing windows uefi partition
    /dev/sdb2 / format with ext4

(mfstable partitions are shown as btrfs, maybe the cause of the warnings in terminal output)

with /boot/efi the install button is disabled.
    with /boot its enabled, so I try this and hope that there is enough space xD

at this point it just hangs…

[b:11fhosak]terminal putput:[/b:11fhosak]

[[email protected] ~]$ wget http://antergos.info/testing.sh  
    --2014-01-16 15:12:51-- http://antergos.info/testing.sh  
    Resolving antergos.info (antergos.info)... 192.65.243.61  
    Connecting to antergos.info (antergos.info)|192.65.243.61|:80... connected.  
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK  
    Length: 1447 (1.4K) [application/x-sh]  
    Saving to: 'testing.sh'  

100%[======================================\>] 1,447 --.-K/s in 0s   

2014-01-16 15:12:52 (336 MB/s) - 'testing.sh' saved [1447/1447]  

[[email protected] ~]$ chmod +x testing.sh  
    [[email protected] ~]$ sudo -E ./testing.sh  
    Updating mirrorlist...  
    Installing git...  
    :: Synchronizing package databases...  
    core 106.5 KiB 527K/s 00:00 [\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#] 100%  
    extra 1529.4 KiB 1436K/s 00:01 [\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#] 100%  
    community 2.0 MiB 1469K/s 00:01 [\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#] 100%  
    antergos 50.9 KiB 524K/s 00:00 [\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#] 100%  
    multilib 111.1 KiB 829K/s 00:00 [\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#] 100%  
    resolving dependencies...  
    looking for inter-conflicts...  

Packages (5): efivar-0.7-1 perl-error-0.17021-1 efibootmgr-0.6.0.138.1132342-1 git-1.8.5.3-1 grub-1:2.02.beta2-1  

Total Download Size: 9.13 MiB  
    Total Installed Size: 47.64 MiB  

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n]   
    :: Retrieving packages ...  
    grub-1:2.02.beta2-1-x86\_64 5.4 MiB 1562K/s 00:04 [\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#] 100%  
    efivar-0.7-1-x86\_64 16.3 KiB 3.19M/s 00:00 [\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#] 100%  
    efibootmgr-0.6.0.138.1132342-1-x86\_64 20.8 KiB 2.03M/s 00:00 [\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#] 100%  
    perl-error-0.17021-1-any 18.3 KiB 2033K/s 00:00 [\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#] 100%  
    git-1.8.5.3-1-x86\_64 3.7 MiB 1622K/s 00:02 [\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#] 100%  
    (5/5) checking keys in keyring [\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#] 100%  
    (5/5) checking package integrity [\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#] 100%  
    (5/5) loading package files [\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#] 100%  
    (5/5) checking for file conflicts [\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#] 100%  
    (5/5) checking available disk space [\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#] 100%  
    (1/5) installing perl-error [\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#] 100%  
    (2/5) installing git [\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#] 100%  
    Optional dependencies for git  
    tk: gitk and git gui  
    perl-libwww: git svn  
    perl-term-readkey: git svn  
    perl-mime-tools: git send-email  
    perl-net-smtp-ssl: git send-email TLS support  
    perl-authen-sasl: git send-email TLS support  
    python2: various helper scripts [installed]  
    subversion: git svn  
    cvsps: git cvsimport  
    gnome-keyring: GNOME keyring credential helper [installed]  
    (3/5) installing grub [\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#] 100%  
    Generating grub.cfg.example config file...  
    This may fail on some machines running a custom kernel.  
    done.  
    Optional dependencies for grub  
    freetype2: For grub-mkfont usage [installed]  
    fuse: For grub-mount usage [installed]  
    dosfstools: For grub-mkrescue FAT FS and EFI support [installed]  
    efibootmgr: For grub-install EFI support [pending]  
    libisoburn: Provides xorriso for generating grub rescue iso using grub-mkrescue  
    os-prober: To detect other OSes when generating grub.cfg in BIOS systems  
    mtools: For grub-mkrescue FAT FS support  
    (4/5) installing efivar [\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#] 100%  
    (5/5) installing efibootmgr [\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#] 100%  
    Removing current Cnchi...  
    Getting latest version of Cnchi...  
    Cloning into 'cnchi'...  
    remote: Counting objects: 7006, done.  
    remote: Compressing objects: 100% (2503/2503), done.  
    remote: Total 7006 (delta 4535), reused 6934 (delta 4463)  
    Receiving objects: 100% (7006/7006), 12.75 MiB | 165.00 KiB/s, done.  
    Resolving deltas: 100% (4535/4535), done.  
    Checking connectivity... done.  
    error: git-remote-https died of signal 13  
    Switching to testing branch...  
    Branch testing set up to track remote branch testing from origin.  
    Switched to a new branch 'testing'  
    Starting Cnchi...  
    [[email protected] ~]$ Using GTK v3.10.6  
    2014-01-16 15:16:22,136 - cnchi.py:\_\_init\_\_() - INFO: Cnchi installer version 0.5  
    2014-01-16 15:16:22,136 - cnchi.py:\_\_init\_\_() - DEBUG: [1475] MainProcess started  
    2014-01-16 15:16:22,147 - cnchi.py:\_\_init\_\_() - INFO: Using '['/usr/share/cnchi/data/packages.xml']' file as package list  
    2014-01-16 15:16:22,158 - language.py:set\_language() - WARNING: Can't find translation file for the en language  
    2014-01-16 15:16:22,640 - timezone.py:run() - INFO: We have connection. Let's get our timezone  
    2014-01-16 15:16:22,982 - timezone.py:run() - INFO: Can't detect user timezone.  
    2014-01-16 15:16:40,735 - location.py:store\_values() - INFO: Sprache wurde geändert zu: de\_AT.UTF-8  
    2014-01-16 15:16:49,345 - check.py:store\_values() - INFO: Es besteht eine Verbindung zum Internet.  
    2014-01-16 15:16:49,345 - check.py:store\_values() - INFO: Es besteht eine Verbindung zu einer Stromquelle.  
    2014-01-16 15:16:49,345 - check.py:store\_values() - INFO: Sie besitzen genügend freien Speicherplatz.  
    2014-01-16 15:17:26,612 - desktop.py:store\_values() - INFO: Cnchi wird Antergos mit dem 'cinnamon' Desktop installieren  
    2014-01-16 15:17:47,111 - features.py:store\_values() - DEBUG: Selected 'aur' feature to install  
    2014-01-16 15:17:47,111 - features.py:store\_values() - DEBUG: Selected 'bluetooth' feature to install  
    2014-01-16 15:17:47,112 - features.py:store\_values() - DEBUG: Selected 'cups' feature to install  
    2014-01-16 15:17:47,112 - features.py:store\_values() - DEBUG: Selected 'fonts' feature to install  
    2014-01-16 15:17:47,112 - features.py:store\_values() - DEBUG: Selected 'office' feature to install  
    2014-01-16 15:17:47,113 - features.py:store\_values() - DEBUG: Selected 'firewall' feature to install  
    2014-01-16 15:17:47,113 - features.py:store\_values() - DEBUG: Selected 'third\_party' feature to install  
    2014-01-16 15:18:11,035 - fs\_module.py:get\_type() - WARNING: Command '['blkid', '-o', 'value', '-s', 'TYPE', '/dev/sda-1']' returned non-zero exit status 2  
    2014-01-16 15:18:11,368 - fs\_module.py:get\_type() - WARNING: Command '['blkid', '-o', 'value', '-s', 'TYPE', '/dev/sdb-1']' returned non-zero exit status 2  
    2014-01-16 15:18:11,447 - fs\_module.py:get\_type() - WARNING: Command '['blkid', '-o', 'value', '-s', 'TYPE', '/dev/sdc-1']' returned non-zero exit status 2  
    2014-01-16 15:18:11,741 - fs\_module.py:get\_type() - WARNING: Command '['blkid', '-o', 'value', '-s', 'TYPE', '/dev/sdc-1']' returned non-zero exit status 2  
    2014-01-16 15:21:08,963 - fs\_module.py:get\_type() - WARNING: Command '['blkid', '-o', 'value', '-s', 'TYPE', '/dev/sda-1']' returned non-zero exit status 2  
    2014-01-16 15:21:08,976 - fs\_module.py:get\_type() - WARNING: Command '['blkid', '-o', 'value', '-s', 'TYPE', '/dev/sdb-1']' returned non-zero exit status 2  
    2014-01-16 15:21:09,023 - fs\_module.py:get\_type() - WARNING: Command '['blkid', '-o', 'value', '-s', 'TYPE', '/dev/sdc-1']' returned non-zero exit status 2  
    2014-01-16 15:21:09,033 - fs\_module.py:get\_type() - WARNING: Command '['blkid', '-o', 'value', '-s', 'TYPE', '/dev/sdc-1']' returned non-zero exit status 2  
    2014-01-16 15:21:44,736 - fs\_module.py:get\_type() - WARNING: Command '['blkid', '-o', 'value', '-s', 'TYPE', '/dev/sda-1']' returned non-zero exit status 2  
    2014-01-16 15:21:44,748 - fs\_module.py:get\_type() - WARNING: Command '['blkid', '-o', 'value', '-s', 'TYPE', '/dev/sdb-1']' returned non-zero exit status 2  
    2014-01-16 15:21:44,796 - fs\_module.py:get\_type() - WARNING: Command '['blkid', '-o', 'value', '-s', 'TYPE', '/dev/sdc-1']' returned non-zero exit status 2  
    2014-01-16 15:21:44,805 - fs\_module.py:get\_type() - WARNING: Command '['blkid', '-o', 'value', '-s', 'TYPE', '/dev/sdc-1']' returned non-zero exit status 2  
    2014-01-16 15:26:24,041 - fs\_module.py:get\_type() - WARNING: Command '['blkid', '-o', 'value', '-s', 'TYPE', '/dev/sda-1']' returned non-zero exit status 2  
    2014-01-16 15:26:24,053 - fs\_module.py:get\_type() - WARNING: Command '['blkid', '-o', 'value', '-s', 'TYPE', '/dev/sdb-1']' returned non-zero exit status 2  
    2014-01-16 15:26:24,099 - fs\_module.py:get\_type() - WARNING: Command '['blkid', '-o', 'value', '-s', 'TYPE', '/dev/sdc-1']' returned non-zero exit status 2  
    2014-01-16 15:26:24,110 - fs\_module.py:get\_type() - WARNING: Command '['blkid', '-o', 'value', '-s', 'TYPE', '/dev/sdc-1']' returned non-zero exit status 2  
    2014-01-16 15:26:39,713 - fs\_module.py:get\_type() - WARNING: Command '['blkid', '-o', 'value', '-s', 'TYPE', '/dev/sda-1']' returned non-zero exit status 2  
    2014-01-16 15:26:39,724 - fs\_module.py:get\_type() - WARNING: Command '['blkid', '-o', 'value', '-s', 'TYPE', '/dev/sdb-1']' returned non-zero exit status 2  
    2014-01-16 15:26:39,771 - fs\_module.py:get\_type() - WARNING: Command '['blkid', '-o', 'value', '-s', 'TYPE', '/dev/sdc-1']' returned non-zero exit status 2  
    2014-01-16 15:26:39,782 - fs\_module.py:get\_type() - WARNING: Command '['blkid', '-o', 'value', '-s', 'TYPE', '/dev/sdc-1']' returned non-zero exit status 2  
    2014-01-16 15:31:49,749 - advanced.py:get\_changes() - DEBUG: In get\_changes(), added to changelist: path[/dev/sdb2] createme[No] relabel[No] fmt[Yes] mnt[/]  
    2014-01-16 15:31:49,753 - advanced.py:get\_changes() - DEBUG: In get\_changes(), added to changelist: path[/dev/sda2] createme[No] relabel[No] fmt[No] mnt[/boot]  
    2014-01-16 15:31:57,844 - advanced.py:create\_staged\_partitions() - INFO: Erstelle ext4 Dateisystem in /dev/sdb2 mit der Bezeichnung   

2014-01-16 15:32:00,466 - advanced.py:create\_staged\_partitions() - INFO: Filesystem label=  
    OS type: Linux  
    Block size=4096 (log=2)  
    Fragment size=4096 (log=2)  
    Stride=0 blocks, Stripe width=0 blocks  
    6566400 inodes, 26214400 blocks  
    262143 blocks (1.00%) reserved for the super user  
    First data block=0  
    Maximum filesystem blocks=4294967296  
    800 block groups  
    32768 blocks per group, 32768 fragments per group  
    8208 inodes per group  
    Superblock backups stored on blocks:   
    32768, 98304, 163840, 229376, 294912, 819200, 884736, 1605632, 2654208,   
    4096000, 7962624, 11239424, 20480000, 23887872  

Allocating group tables: done   
    Writing inode tables: done   
    Creating journal (32768 blocks): done  
    Writing superblocks and filesystem accounting information: done   

2014-01-16 15:32:00,468 - advanced.py:create\_staged\_partitions() - INFO: Erstelle fat32 Dateisystem in /dev/sda2 mit der Bezeichnung   
    Traceback (most recent call last):  
    File "/usr/share/cnchi/cnchi.py", line 332, in on\_forward\_button\_clicked  
    stored = self.current\_page.store\_values()  
    File "/usr/share/cnchi/src/installation/advanced.py", line 1613, in store\_values  
    self.start\_installation()  
    File "/usr/share/cnchi/src/installation/advanced.py", line 1750, in start\_installation  
    bl.ask()  
    File "/usr/share/cnchi/src/bootloader.py", line 97, in ask  
    force\_grub\_type = self.settings.get('force\_grub\_type')  
    File "/usr/share/cnchi/src/config.py", line 107, in get  
    return settings[key]  
    KeyError: 'force\_grub\_type'  

: <a href=
    [1]: http://antergos.info/testing.sh

• as the attachments didn’t work:

[url:2x4tdjlg]http://pastebin.com/FmUZm4gr[/url:2x4tdjlg]
    [url:2x4tdjlg]http://pastebin.com/09D1pQjQ[/url:2x4tdjlg]

I hope there is no sensitive data in there

• @“chieffun”:1xdl54u7 said:

not /boot/efi?[/quote:1xdl54u7]
    That’s correct. Grub will be installed on the EFI partition which will not be a problem since EFI partitions are usually 250-512MB in size. I’ve had the best results installing grub this way vs. using the /boot/efi

@“chieffun”:1xdl54u7 said:

at this point it just hang…[/quote:1xdl54u7]
    OOPS!

Thanks!!!

• @“lots.0.logs”:1692hlmm said:

@“chieffun”:1692hlmm said:

not /boot/efi?[/quote:1692hlmm]
    That’s correct. Grub will be installed on the EFI partition which will not be a problem since EFI partitions are usually 250-512MB in size. I’ve had the best results installing grub this way vs. using the /boot/efi

@“chieffun”:1692hlmm said:

at this point it just hang…[/quote:1692hlmm]
    OOPS!

Thanks!!![/quote:1692hlmm]

I see what u mean, but what if I want to install 20 distributions? Normal Windows uefi partitions are about 100MB in size. So it would be nice if you would reconsider this. So I will try again when you are ready.

Just some thoughts on uefi installation:
    I don’t know how you do it now, but I would do the following in uefi install mode (after booting usb media in uefi mode):

1. find ef02 partitions, if there is none, create on on the device where / sits, if there are more than one, then also create a new one or let the user choose what to do

2. mount this partition to [b:1692hlmm]/boot/efi[/b:1692hlmm] or force the user to do so (make sure that this partition isn’t formatted, except the user chose to)

3. install grub with pacman, modprobe efivars (normally this should be up due to uefi boot mode of usb media)

4. grub-install --target=x86_64-efi --efi-directory=[b:1692hlmm]/boot/efi[/b:1692hlmm] --bootloader-id=[b:1692hlmm]Antergos [/b:1692hlmm]–recheck

5. grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg

• now it hangs on “updating antergos-testing database”

2014-01-16 17:45:22,494 - cnchi.py:\_\_init\_\_() - INFO: Cnchi installer version 0.5  
    2014-01-16 17:45:22,494 - cnchi.py:\_\_init\_\_() - DEBUG: [1454] MainProcess started  
    2014-01-16 17:45:22,505 - cnchi.py:\_\_init\_\_() - INFO: Using '['/usr/share/cnchi/data/packages.xml']' file as package list  
    2014-01-16 17:45:22,517 - language.py:set\_language() - WARNING: Can't find translation file for the en language  
    2014-01-16 17:45:23,019 - timezone.py:run() - INFO: We have connection. Let's get our timezone  
    2014-01-16 17:45:23,335 - timezone.py:run() - INFO: Can't detect user timezone.  
    2014-01-16 17:46:13,516 - location.py:store\_values() - INFO: Sprache wurde geändert zu: de\_AT.UTF-8  
    2014-01-16 17:46:15,882 - check.py:store\_values() - INFO: Es besteht eine Verbindung zum Internet.  
    2014-01-16 17:46:15,882 - check.py:store\_values() - INFO: Es besteht eine Verbindung zu einer Stromquelle.  
    2014-01-16 17:46:15,882 - check.py:store\_values() - INFO: Sie besitzen genügend freien Speicherplatz.  
    2014-01-16 17:46:22,466 - desktop.py:store\_values() - INFO: Cnchi wird Antergos mit dem 'cinnamon' Desktop installieren  
    2014-01-16 17:46:28,802 - features.py:store\_values() - DEBUG: Selected 'aur' feature to install  
    2014-01-16 17:46:28,803 - features.py:store\_values() - DEBUG: Selected 'bluetooth' feature to install  
    2014-01-16 17:46:28,803 - features.py:store\_values() - DEBUG: Selected 'cups' feature to install  
    2014-01-16 17:46:28,803 - features.py:store\_values() - DEBUG: Selected 'fonts' feature to install  
    2014-01-16 17:46:28,804 - features.py:store\_values() - DEBUG: Selected 'office' feature to install  
    2014-01-16 17:46:28,804 - features.py:store\_values() - DEBUG: Selected 'firewall' feature to install  
    2014-01-16 17:46:28,804 - features.py:store\_values() - DEBUG: Selected 'third\_party' feature to install  
    2014-01-16 17:46:45,191 - fs\_module.py:get\_type() - WARNING: Command '['blkid', '-o', 'value', '-s', 'TYPE', '/dev/sda-1']' returned non-zero exit status 2  
    2014-01-16 17:46:45,523 - fs\_module.py:get\_type() - WARNING: Command '['blkid', '-o', 'value', '-s', 'TYPE', '/dev/sdb-1']' returned non-zero exit status 2  
    2014-01-16 17:46:45,602 - fs\_module.py:get\_type() - WARNING: Command '['blkid', '-o', 'value', '-s', 'TYPE', '/dev/sdc-1']' returned non-zero exit status 2  
    2014-01-16 17:46:45,927 - fs\_module.py:get\_type() - WARNING: Command '['blkid', '-o', 'value', '-s', 'TYPE', '/dev/sdc-1']' returned non-zero exit status 2  
    2014-01-16 17:49:03,009 - fs\_module.py:get\_type() - WARNING: Command '['blkid', '-o', 'value', '-s', 'TYPE', '/dev/sda-1']' returned non-zero exit status 2  
    2014-01-16 17:49:03,023 - fs\_module.py:get\_type() - WARNING: Command '['blkid', '-o', 'value', '-s', 'TYPE', '/dev/sdb-1']' returned non-zero exit status 2  
    2014-01-16 17:49:03,072 - fs\_module.py:get\_type() - WARNING: Command '['blkid', '-o', 'value', '-s', 'TYPE', '/dev/sdc-1']' returned non-zero exit status 2  
    2014-01-16 17:49:03,082 - fs\_module.py:get\_type() - WARNING: Command '['blkid', '-o', 'value', '-s', 'TYPE', '/dev/sdc-1']' returned non-zero exit status 2  
    2014-01-16 17:49:30,815 - fs\_module.py:get\_type() - WARNING: Command '['blkid', '-o', 'value', '-s', 'TYPE', '/dev/sda-1']' returned non-zero exit status 2  
    2014-01-16 17:49:30,826 - fs\_module.py:get\_type() - WARNING: Command '['blkid', '-o', 'value', '-s', 'TYPE', '/dev/sdb-1']' returned non-zero exit status 2  
    2014-01-16 17:49:30,873 - fs\_module.py:get\_type() - WARNING: Command '['blkid', '-o', 'value', '-s', 'TYPE', '/dev/sdc-1']' returned non-zero exit status 2  
    2014-01-16 17:49:30,882 - fs\_module.py:get\_type() - WARNING: Command '['blkid', '-o', 'value', '-s', 'TYPE', '/dev/sdc-1']' returned non-zero exit status 2  
    2014-01-16 17:49:43,302 - fs\_module.py:get\_type() - WARNING: Command '['blkid', '-o', 'value', '-s', 'TYPE', '/dev/sda-1']' returned non-zero exit status 2  
    2014-01-16 17:49:43,314 - fs\_module.py:get\_type() - WARNING: Command '['blkid', '-o', 'value', '-s', 'TYPE', '/dev/sdb-1']' returned non-zero exit status 2  
    2014-01-16 17:49:43,360 - fs\_module.py:get\_type() - WARNING: Command '['blkid', '-o', 'value', '-s', 'TYPE', '/dev/sdc-1']' returned non-zero exit status 2  
    2014-01-16 17:49:43,369 - fs\_module.py:get\_type() - WARNING: Command '['blkid', '-o', 'value', '-s', 'TYPE', '/dev/sdc-1']' returned non-zero exit status 2  
    2014-01-16 17:49:51,638 - advanced.py:get\_changes() - DEBUG: In get\_changes(), added to changelist: path[/dev/sdb2] createme[No] relabel[No] fmt[Yes] mnt[/]  
    2014-01-16 17:49:51,642 - advanced.py:get\_changes() - DEBUG: In get\_changes(), added to changelist: path[/dev/sda2] createme[No] relabel[No] fmt[No] mnt[/boot]  
    2014-01-16 17:50:09,166 - advanced.py:create\_staged\_partitions() - INFO: Erstelle ext4 Dateisystem in /dev/sdb2 mit der Bezeichnung   
    2014-01-16 17:50:12,420 - advanced.py:create\_staged\_partitions() - INFO: Filesystem label=  
    OS type: Linux  
    Block size=4096 (log=2)  
    Fragment size=4096 (log=2)  
    Stride=0 blocks, Stripe width=0 blocks  
    6566400 inodes, 26214400 blocks  
    262143 blocks (1.00%) reserved for the super user  
    First data block=0  
    Maximum filesystem blocks=4294967296  
    800 block groups  
    32768 blocks per group, 32768 fragments per group  
    8208 inodes per group  
    Superblock backups stored on blocks:   
    32768, 98304, 163840, 229376, 294912, 819200, 884736, 1605632, 2654208,   
    4096000, 7962624, 11239424, 20480000, 23887872  

Allocating group tables: 0/800 done   
    Writing inode tables: 0/800 done   
    Creating journal (32768 blocks): done  
    Writing superblocks and filesystem accounting information: 0/800 done  

2014-01-16 17:50:12,421 - advanced.py:create\_staged\_partitions() - INFO: Erstelle fat32 Dateisystem in /dev/sda2 mit der Bezeichnung   
    2014-01-16 17:50:12,436 - advanced.py:start\_installation() - INFO: Antergos wird den Bootloader des Typs UEFI\_x86\_64 in /dev/sda installieren  
    2014-01-16 17:50:12,448 - timezone.py:prepare() - WARNING: Zeitzonenkoordinaten wurden nicht automatisch erkannt  
    2014-01-16 17:50:12,457 - slides.py:manage\_events\_from\_cb\_queue() - INFO: Es wird nun nach der Methode 'advanced' das System installiert.  
    2014-01-16 17:50:12,458 - slides.py:manage\_events\_from\_cb\_queue() - DEBUG: Mounte Partition /dev/sdb2 in Verzeichnis /install  
    2014-01-16 17:50:13,451 - slides.py:manage\_events\_from\_cb\_queue() - DEBUG: Mounte Partition /dev/sda2 in Verzeichnis /install/boot  
    2014-01-16 17:50:13,452 - slides.py:manage\_events\_from\_cb\_queue() - DEBUG: Selecting packages...  
    2014-01-16 17:50:13,452 - slides.py:manage\_events\_from\_cb\_queue() - DEBUG: Creating a temporary pacman.conf for x86\_64 architecture  
    2014-01-16 17:50:13,452 - slides.py:manage\_events\_from\_cb\_queue() - INFO: Updating core database  
    2014-01-16 17:50:13,454 - slides.py:manage\_events\_from\_cb\_queue() - INFO: Updating extra database  
    2014-01-16 17:50:15,457 - slides.py:manage\_events\_from\_cb\_queue() - INFO: Updating community database  
    2014-01-16 17:50:16,371 - process.py:run() - ERROR: Error: invalid file: ['/usr/share/cnchi/data/packages.xml']. Unable to continue.  
    File "/usr/share/cnchi/src/installation/process.py", line 297, in run  
    self.select\_packages()  
    File "/usr/share/cnchi/src/installation/process.py", line 473, in select\_packages  
    tree = etree.parse(packages\_xml)  
    File "/usr/lib/python3.3/xml/etree/ElementTree.py", line 1242, in parse  
    tree.parse(source, parser)  
    File "/usr/lib/python3.3/xml/etree/ElementTree.py", line 1718, in parse  
    source = open(source, 'rb')  
    TypeError: invalid file: ['/usr/share/cnchi/data/packages.xml']  
    2014-01-16 17:50:16,473 - slides.py:manage\_events\_from\_cb\_queue() - INFO: Updating multilib database  
    2014-01-16 17:50:16,475 - slides.py:manage\_events\_from\_cb\_queue() - INFO: Updating antergos database  
    2014-01-16 17:50:16,477 - slides.py:manage\_events\_from\_cb\_queue() - INFO: Updating antergos-testing database  
    2014-01-16 18:50:22,579 - timezone.py:on\_location\_changed() - INFO: Standort wurde geändert zu: Europe/Vienna  
    2014-01-16 18:50:26,182 - keymap.py:prepare() - INFO: keyboard\_layout ist USA

Keyboard layout is changed properly, thats nice.

The following line in the log file doesn’t sound nice:

2014-01-16 17:50:12,421 - advanced.py:create\_staged\_partitions() - INFO: Erstelle fat32 Dateisystem in /dev/sda2 mit der Bezeichnung 

Sounds like formatting, but i hope thats just a translation problem. Or its not and the hang saved my uefi partition.

• @“chieffun”:1cfgmybo said:

now it hangs on “updating antergos-testing database”[/quote:1cfgmybo]
    Looks like this hangup was caused by an invalid file error when trying to read packages.xml. Perhaps something went wrong when the files were cloned by the testing script?

@“chieffun”:1cfgmybo said:

Sounds like formatting, but i hope thats just a translation problem. Or its not and the hang saved my uefi partition. [/quote:1cfgmybo]
    haha…nah it wasn’t going to wipe it out, see:

2014-01-16 17:49:51,642 - advanced.py:get\_changes() - DEBUG: In get\_changes(), added to changelist: path[/dev/sda2] createme[No] relabel[No] fmt[No] mnt[/boot]

@“chieffun”:1cfgmybo said:

I see what u mean, but what if I want to install 20 distributions? [/quote:1cfgmybo]
    Well when installing multiple distros it’s usually good practice to leave your main distro in control of grub. You make other distros install bootloader to their own partition but not the MBR. Then you run grub-config from your main distro and others will be detected and added to the boot menu. The total size of the grub files and kernel files for Antergos is around 39MB which leaves more than enough space for WIndows even if the partition is 100MB. Anyway, I will definitely give it more consideration.

Cheers!

• @“lots.0.logs”:2zp5cirp said:

Looks like this hangup was caused by an invalid file error when trying to read packages.xml. Perhaps something went wrong when the files were cloned by the testing script? [/quote:2zp5cirp]
    So I’m going to try it again then.

@“lots.0.logs”:2zp5cirp said:

haha…nah it wasn’t going to wipe it out, see:

[/quote:2zp5cirp]
    Ah ok, good to know, thanks for that.

@“lots.0.logs”:2zp5cirp said:

Well when installing multiple distros it’s usually good practice to leave your main distro in control of grub. You make other distros install bootloader to their own partition but not the MBR. Then you run grub-config from your main distro and others will be detected and added to the boot menu. The total size of the grub files and kernel files for Antergos is around 39MB which leaves more than enough space for WIndows even if the partition is 100MB. Anyway, I will definitely give it more consideration.
    Exactly what I would do, but then there should be an option to not install a bootloader, but maybe there is already such an option and I’m blind. But if there is, I’m going to find it.

• There is an option to not install bootloader using automatic but now that you mention it I don’t think its available in advanced mode but I could be wrong. I will check it out.

• Ok, I think I found it, untick the partition selection for bootloader partition.

EDIT: tried install again, same as before:

2014-01-16 19:41:11,339 - advanced.py:create\_staged\_partitions() - INFO: Erstelle fat32 Dateisystem in /dev/sda2 mit der Bezeichnung   
    2014-01-16 19:41:11,368 - advanced.py:start\_installation() - INFO: Antergos wird den Bootloader des Typs UEFI\_x86\_64 in /dev/sda installieren  
    2014-01-16 19:41:11,379 - timezone.py:prepare() - WARNING: Zeitzonenkoordinaten wurden nicht automatisch erkannt  
    2014-01-16 19:41:11,386 - slides.py:manage\_events\_from\_cb\_queue() - INFO: Es wird nun nach der Methode 'advanced' das System installiert.  
    2014-01-16 19:41:11,386 - slides.py:manage\_events\_from\_cb\_queue() - DEBUG: Mounte Partition /dev/sdb2 in Verzeichnis /install  
    2014-01-16 19:41:13,383 - slides.py:manage\_events\_from\_cb\_queue() - DEBUG: Mounte Partition /dev/sda2 in Verzeichnis /install/boot  
    2014-01-16 19:41:13,384 - slides.py:manage\_events\_from\_cb\_queue() - DEBUG: Selecting packages...  
    2014-01-16 19:41:13,384 - slides.py:manage\_events\_from\_cb\_queue() - DEBUG: Creating a temporary pacman.conf for x86\_64 architecture  
    2014-01-16 19:41:13,384 - slides.py:manage\_events\_from\_cb\_queue() - INFO: Updating core database  
    2014-01-16 19:41:14,384 - slides.py:manage\_events\_from\_cb\_queue() - INFO: Updating extra database  
    2014-01-16 19:41:15,400 - slides.py:manage\_events\_from\_cb\_queue() - INFO: Updating community database  
    2014-01-16 19:41:17,211 - process.py:run() - ERROR: Error: invalid file: ['/usr/share/cnchi/data/packages.xml']. Unable to continue.  
    File "/usr/share/cnchi/src/installation/process.py", line 297, in run  
    self.select\_packages()  
    File "/usr/share/cnchi/src/installation/process.py", line 473, in select\_packages  
    tree = etree.parse(packages\_xml)  
    File "/usr/lib/python3.3/xml/etree/ElementTree.py", line 1242, in parse  
    tree.parse(source, parser)  
    File "/usr/lib/python3.3/xml/etree/ElementTree.py", line 1718, in parse  
    source = open(source, 'rb')  
    TypeError: invalid file: ['/usr/share/cnchi/data/packages.xml']  
    2014-01-16 19:41:17,454 - slides.py:manage\_events\_from\_cb\_queue() - INFO: Updating multilib database  
    2014-01-16 19:41:17,456 - slides.py:manage\_events\_from\_cb\_queue() - INFO: Updating antergos database  
    2014-01-16 19:41:17,457 - slides.py:manage\_events\_from\_cb\_queue() - INFO: Updating antergos-testing database  
    2014-01-16 20:41:20,418 - timezone.py:on\_location\_changed() - INFO: Standort wurde geändert zu: Europe/Vienna  
    2014-01-16 20:41:22,948 - keymap.py:prepare() - INFO: keyboard\_layout ist USA  

EDIT2: the fail during cloning:

Removing current Cnchi...  
    Getting latest version of Cnchi...  
    Cloning into 'cnchi'...  
    remote: Counting objects: 7010, done.  
    remote: Compressing objects: 100% (2507/2507), done.  
    remote: Total 7010 (delta 4539), reused 6934 (delta 4463)  
    Receiving objects: 100% (7010/7010), 12.75 MiB | 46.00 KiB/s, done.  
    Resolving deltas: 100% (4539/4539), done.  
    Checking connectivity... done.  
    error: git-remote-https died of signal 13  
    Switching to testing branch...  
    Branch testing set up to track remote branch testing from origin.  
    Switched to a new branch 'testing'  
    Starting Cnchi...  

• So I tried again

It hangs on “lightdm: Configuring display manager”

here the cnchi.log
    [url:19hg9mqi]http://pastebin.com/2pjNTv9z[/url:19hg9mqi]

2 more thoughts:
    [list:19hg9mqi][*:19hg9mqi]the language selection at least for the keyboard should be the first thing in cnchi, because when I click “Try it” a (in my case) german keyboard would be nice
    [*:19hg9mqi]allow *.log extension as attachment in forum please[/*:m:19hg9mqi][/list:u:19hg9mqi]

EDIT: some more thoughts:
    [list:19hg9mqi][*:19hg9mqi]a warning that there is no swap partition would be nice[/*:m:19hg9mqi]
    [*:19hg9mqi]an input field for the size of a swapfile would be even nicer[/*:m:19hg9mqi][/list:u:19hg9mqi]

I really like to use a swapfile instead of a partition, because it keeps my partition layout clean and it can be changed without partitioning. Or are there any drawbacks I don’t know of?

fallocate -l 512M /swapfile  
    chmod 600 /swapfile  
    mkswap /swapfile  
    swapon /swapfile  

and in /etc/fstab:  
    /swapfile none swap defaults 0 0

• Ok, that’s fixed. It was because cnchi tried to use the swap partitions UUID but you didnt select a swap partition lol I am not really sure on the pros and cons of a swap file…never used them myself. I know that they arent compatible with btrfs though. Perhaps check the Arch Wiki for insights. Thanks for your help again!

Cheers!

• @“lots.0.logs”:349wc3az said:

Ok, that’s fixed.[/quote:349wc3az]
    good, will try again a bit later this day

@“lots.0.logs”:349wc3az said:

I know that they arent compatible with btrfs though.[/quote:349wc3az]
    Good info, and it looks like that there are no plans in porting swap, so this is really a big drawback. So back to swap partitions then

Have a nice day, or night

• [b:3tjpwf4c]next try:
    [/b:3tjpwf4c]hang on “checking file conflicts” - popup: Antergos Installer - Error: Can’t download and install necessary packages.

[url:3tjpwf4c]http://pastebin.com/g4EpU6Xf[/url:3tjpwf4c]

[b:3tjpwf4c]cosmetic thoughts:
    [/b:3tjpwf4c][list:3tjpwf4c][*:3tjpwf4c]horizontal scrolling @ feature selection[/*:m:3tjpwf4c]
    [*:3tjpwf4c]statusbar should be beneath everything else and previous/next buttons should be right next to it, as where one would expect it[/*:m:3tjpwf4c]
    [*:3tjpwf4c]info popup for partition changes does not show the used filesystems[/*:m:3tjpwf4c]
    [*:3tjpwf4c]pre install next button is a simple arrow, after clicking install and entering configuration gui its an arrow with text “next”.[/*:m:3tjpwf4c][/list:u:3tjpwf4c]
    [b:3tjpwf4c]practical thoughts:
    [/b:3tjpwf4c][list:3tjpwf4c][*:3tjpwf4c]during installation there is no X button to abort, for example a blocking (to pause the install) yes/no popup to abort[/*:m:3tjpwf4c]
    [*:3tjpwf4c]cnchi mainframe should be moveable/dragable[/*:m:3tjpwf4c]
    [*:3tjpwf4c]on automatic partitioning there should be an info what will happen or if I can review it before its written to disk[/*:m:3tjpwf4c]
    [*:3tjpwf4c]furthermore there should be a /dev/sdx selector, I assume now its using /dev/sda?[/*:m:3tjpwf4c]
    [*:3tjpwf4c]Windows MSR partitions are recogniced as btrfs partitions[/*:m:3tjpwf4c]
    [*:3tjpwf4c]showing the download speed during dl pkgs would help to be less nervous when the statusbar doesn’t show any progress for some time
    [b:3tjpwf4c]thoughts on cnchi and antergos:
    [/b:3tjpwf4c]Because I never said it, thanks for your hard work. I really like what you people do to arch. And please feel free to hate me and my thoughts^^

• @“chieffun”:3s9yzhx8 said:

hang on “checking file conflicts” - popup: Antergos Installer - Error: Can’t download and install necessary packages[/quote:3s9yzhx8]This is a bug that I’ve have seen a few times but we aren’t sure the cause. It’s not a cnchi bug but rather a bug in the python module that interfaces with alpm (pacman). If you retry it should work the next time. We are currently working on having cnchi handle alpm errors more gracefully and not just throw her hands in the air and shake her head like she does now

@“chieffun”:3s9yzhx8 said:

cosmetic thoughts:
    horizontal scrolling @ feature selection
    statusbar should be beneath everything else and previous/next buttons should be right next to it, as where one would expect it
    info popup for partition changes does not show the used filesystems
    pre install next button is a simple arrow, after clicking install and entering configuration gui its an arrow with text “next”.[/quote:3s9yzhx8]Horizontal scrolling? YUCK. There should be know need for it. Could you send a sceenshot if it is not appearing correctly for you. The status bar and buttons were the way you described in prior versions. When GTK 3.10 was released we wanted to go with a look that was more inline with its look (GTK 3.10). Not only that, We also wanted to have Cnchi look different than Manjaro’s new installer for obvious reasons *cough* *cough*

@“chieffun”:3s9yzhx8 said:

during installation there is no X button to abort, for example a blocking (to pause the install) yes/no popup to abort[/quote:3s9yzhx8]The reason we removed the option to about is because at that stage your drive has been formatted and stopping would leave you with a broken [email protected]“chieffun”:3s9yzhx8 said:

cnchi mainframe should be moveable/dragable[/quote:3s9yzhx8]I agree. To be honest I am not really sure why its not. I don’t think we set it up that way so it could be pygtk [email protected]“chieffun”:3s9yzhx8 said:

on automatic partitioning there should be an info what will happen or if I can review it before its written to disk[/quote:3s9yzhx8]I like this. Added to my list

furthermore there should be a /dev/sdx selector, I assume now its using /dev/sda?[/quote:3s9yzhx8]This is also a good point. It may be useful to have the option to take over a single partition instead of the whole disk. Also added to my list [email protected]“chieffun”:3s9yzhx8 said:

Windows MSR partitions are recogniced as btrfs partitions[/quote:3s9yzhx8]On the list…

showing the download speed during dl pkgs would help to be less nervous when the statusbar doesn’t show any progress for some time [/quote:3s9yzhx8]Can you guess? …On the list!

Thanks for your compliments and for you testing. I am hoping that your next test will be a successful uefi installation start to reboot!

Posts 39Views 9292