• hdmi second screen flickering

hi guys im new to antergos i updated the system to kernel 4.5 and my hdmi tv second screen starts radomly flickering. i setup the intel driver to “uxa” and the problem does not go away, i setup the kernel parameter rc6 = 0 and the problem is still there. i aprecciate your help!!! thanks

ps: sorry my bad grammar

• I d suggest you try the LTS kernel and see if it gets fixed. (There was also an update for it yesterday).
    sudo pacman -S linux-lts

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 18.04 64bit Gnome
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• thanks for the reply, i try that too i forget to mention it, the flickering is still a issue. this is what i try
    rc6 = 0
    lts kernel
    i will try the glarmor driver.
    thanks for the fast reply i i get fixe with a new installation i’ll update the topic

• hi, i make a reinstall of antergos, i have a optimus laptop and i try the opensource drivers and the problem is still there, i downgrade the kernel to lts and was no help, i try to set a low resolution and the second screen still goes off randomly, maybe the kernel release 4.6 will fix the problem.

• @mario.rengifo said i downgrade the kernel to lts
    The lts kernel is not a downgrade. It s the (L)ong (T) erm (S)upport version of the stock kernel, so more…conservative/stable.

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 18.04 64bit Gnome
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• sorry for the misinterpretation, i said downgrade because it has a inferior number value, maybe it’s a 🐛 : of the intel driver like this https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-intel/+bug/1522922. but still have the problem, with inferior resolution’s is less Frequent but is still there. maybe the 4.6 will fix it http://askubuntu.com/questions/752743/ubuntu-16-04-skylake-6th-generation-screen-flickering. i hope, i enjoy antergos. i there a more especific way to get infomation about the bug with the terminal? thanks for the help and the reply!!

• hi again i can replicate the bug
    [ 26.061745] [drm:intel_set_cpu_fifo_underrun_reporting [i915]] ERROR uncleared fifo underrun on pipe B
    [ 26.061797] [drm:intel_cpu_fifo_underrun_irq_handler [i915]] ERROR CPU pipe B FIFO underrun
    [ 26.089255] [drm:intel_check_pch_fifo_underruns [i915]] ERROR pch fifo underrun on pch transcoder B

with the dmesg comand

Posts 7Views 1200
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.