• Bumblebee broken seens nvidia 364.16

Hi,

The discrete card doesn’t switch off anymore and here is a fix but I don’t know how to apply it, if someone could tell how it would be fine.

Thanks.

https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/47140

• @sushi Have you ever take a look at Antergos Bumblebee Wiki? It explains how to fix the missing power off issue.

• @ just : What do you think !!!? If your purpose is to try to put me down, avoid it and take a look at the link that I posted this morning and try yourself.

Thanks

P.S. My setup was working fine (thanks the wiki) till that crapy (arch) nvidia half update.

• @sushi Run any command with optirun once, to switch Nvidia GPU on. Then try to unload nvidia_modeset and nvidia modules by hand. Does it switch Nvidia GPU off?

• I already tried but it doesn’t work because bbswitch is out of order, look at the link and you will anderstand why (nvidia_drm).

I’m currently looking how to compile bumblebee with the working patches mentionned in the link. Which till now gives an error when I try with pacman -U.

• Discovering only now, that effectively nvidia-364.16 has one more offending module. It is nvidia_drm. Plus, the old nvidia_modest and nvidia.

It is still possible to switch Nvidia GPU off by hand, by executing the following commands. Attention: modules must be listed in rmmod command exactly in that order.

sudo rmmod nvidia_drm nvidia_modeset nvidia
    sudo tee <<<OFF /proc/acpi/bbswitch

Have not found a way to automate it yet.

• Just found another interesting thing. Nvidia GPU is on on startup (which is strange).

Once it is switched off after boot with two above commands, all subsequent optirun executions work correctly - Nvidia GPU is automatically switched off upon optirun termination.

• Again, the purpose of my question was, IS :

How to compile the bumblebee-PKGBUILD given in the link that I posted, which will solve the problem of automaticaly switching off that crap and will avoid waiting half month for the official up stream update for that.

Read the entire link.

• Ok, I found the way to compile & install the patched bumblebee version :

Download the bumblebee-PKGBUILD-20160413-REV2.tar.gz, extract it and move in the bumblebee folder then do :

makepkg

It will create an archive bumblebee-3.2.1-11-x86_64.pkg.tar then install it with :

sudo pacman -U bumblebee-3.2.1-11-x86_64.pkg.tar

Reboot and fixed.

Posts 9Views 1045