• gvfs-mount loop for user/ password

Hello,

since my last system-upgrade (pacman -Syu) I can not mount password-protected shares with gfvs-mount any more. I can brwose the windows shares, I can open the ones without password, but I can not open the ones with user/password.

If I try this with nautilus or over terminal, I get a loop with continous asking the user/password.

the shares do work with a windows client.

Any tips, which update did cause this or some other ideas to get a solution?

Thank you!

• bump anyone?

• helped myself. Always the best way! Thank you!

• Thumps up you did. I guess nobody answered you because nobody knew.
    Please, could you share the solution you came up with? It could help other users with the same problem (community spirit). :relaxed:

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• hey, sorry for the unfriendly reply. It was just a very frustrating period without my network share… ;)
    I found the solution by chance.

I issued following command within the terminal:

smbclient -L //server-address

It gave me the response, that the client uses extented security, but my NAS does not (it is a Asus 56u router).

Solution was written within arch-wiki (https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/samba#Trouble_accessing_a_password-protected_share_from_Windows)

I had to create and edit the smb.conf (within etc/samba/) and ad the following two lines:

client lanman auth = yes
    client ntlmv2 auth = no

Now it worked. I think this is strange, because beside the upgrade to gnome 3.20 I didn´t change anything.
    PLUS I do not have the samba-package installed.

So I created the smb.conf only with these two lines.

• No hard feelings. Thanks for posting the solution
    Cheers

Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500

• LOL, I am just realizing you got a Nokia N-Gage holding to your ear! :D A long , long time ago I did own one, too. :D
    Nokia, inventors of side-talking. :)

• Heheheh. No, it s a NEC i-mode device, back at the beginning of 2000:blush:

Posts 8Views 1115