• Antergos with Gnome on T460, some questions

Hello!

I have some questions:

First: When I start my laptop and the GUI starts (in my case GNOME), instead of the ‘mouse’ I get a cross, the screen is black and the speakers crack. I have never experienced this before, is this normal?

Second: How the hell do I get the middle button to scroll? I have googled, and googled and nothing worked. In the end I tried the GUI (gpoint-device-settings) and it is still not working.

Third: When I close my laptop lid GNOME freezed, this it totaly frustrating. How do I fix it?

Thank you very much and have a nice day!

• Some of the issues you are mentioning were reported here
    https://forum.antergos.com/topic/4186/support-thinkpad-t460/2
    As for 1, you get that black screen with X all the way? In the machine I use with lightdm it started with the upgrade to 3.20. But only while loading the greeter and then AFTER giving password and ENTER. I don t have this behavior with gdm on my main machine, though…

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• Everytime I log in (after I have entered the password) the screen is black for about 5-10 seconds. For about half of this time, my cursor is a “X”. Meanwhile my speakers crack (I think it was two times).

Thank you for the link btw.

• Yes, that s what I also experience, but without the cracking noise from the speakers. And that s only on the machine I have running lightdm, for testing reasons. The one I work with regularly, got divorced with all lightdm staff & settings for peace of mind. I use GDM, though ugly and a bit heavier and hard to customize (if not possible).

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

laptop lid2 gnome250 speakers5 laptop35 Posts 4Views 566