• [SOLVED]Lightdm broken after web2gtk and intel video driver update

After updating,lightdm only shows a black screen with the antergos logo and no text.I installed Sddm from a tty,but it doesn’t look as good as lightdm,what to do?

• Over again 😕

• @Felix I hope there will be a fix

• you mean i should completely remove lightdm?

• Nope, but I did.

I use Gnome and I prefer GDM

• I experienced this too. I noticed there were also some webkit upgrades.

Here’s what I did to get access:
    install lightdm-gtk-greeter
    in lightdm.conf edit greeter-session=lightdm-gtk-greeter

I think there’s something wrong with the webkit greeter, but not sure how test.

ADD: reported here: https://github.com/Antergos/lightdm-webkit2-greeter/issues/36

• Broken for me too. I had to switch to a terminal and

• install sddm (pacman -S sddm),
    • disable lightdm (systemctl disable lightdm)
    • and enable sddm to gain access to my laptop (systemctl enable sddm).
  • Same problem here. I have updated Chromium and then, lightdm-webkit2-greeter stopped.

x-0-greeter.log reads:

file:///usr/share/lightdm-webkit/themes/antergos/js/greeter.js:108:22: CONSOLE ERROR SecurityError: DOM Exception 18: An attempt was made to break through the security policy of the user agent.

I switched to lightdm-gtk-greeter and could login. Hope they fix it soon.

• @orghicicelestin63 @Felix @watgrad @ace214 @leonidasv (Think I got everyone)

The issue is being worked on, you can follow it through here 👍. Theme is getting up to snuff with the latest webkitgtk and gtk updates :).

I7 [email protected]/32GB Ram/3440 x 1440 + 1440p/EVGA 1080 FTW/512GB SSD/2TB HD/Antergos Base w/ Plasma

• This is the same issue that I am having, could you please confirm the login screen:

https://forum.antergos.com/topic/4305/lightdm-bug-after-update

• @leonidasv thank you for the workaround. I installed lightdm-gtk-greeter as you suggested and pointed to it in my /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf.

• I think I am experiencing the same, is there a fix?

• @Irakli the workaround by @leonidasv will allow you to login again. Check my last comment too.

• @juliohm Thanks!

• The problem was solved by the latest updates. We can now switch back to lightdm-webkit2-greeter.

• Hi . I have the same problem. Now that its solved, how we can from command line update the system so we can login again.
    I am still with broken logon screen and i am newby !!!
    Can anyone tell me how i can (from command line) to do the update that fixes the logon screen?

• @czam go to a tty by pressing ctrl alt f2 together,log in as yourself and type sudo pacman -Syyu and enter your password

• @orghicicelestin63 said in [SOLVED]Lightdm broken after web2gtk and intel video driver update:

@czam go to a tty by pressing ctrl alt f2 together,log in as yourself and type sudo pacman -Syyu and enter your password

Thanks i did that its ok now!! I am writing from my antergos again!!!
    Quick question, the difference between : pacman -Syyu and pacman - Su ?

Thanks again

• @czam pacman -Su updates your system without first refreshing the repositories and -Syyu refreshes the repositories and updates

Posts 27Views 9040
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.