• How do I share internet connection via ethernet cable?

First of all, hello everyone.
    I have two computers, a desktop and a laptop, both with Windows and Antergos installed. The desktop with Gnome and the laptop with Openbox. My desktop is too far away from my router and doesn’t have a WLAN card, so I use my laptop to share its internet connection. The problem is that the laptop needs to be booted into Windows for that to work. If it’s booted into Antergos it doesn’t work. I already had Manjaro installed on both, the laptop with XFCE and the desktop with KDE and it worked perfectly, just had to select the cable connection on the laptop and change from “IPv4” to “Shared to other computers”. But with Antergos that doesn’t work. Do I have to do something else?

Thank you.

• https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/software_access_point ???

I7 [email protected]/32GB Ram/3440 x 1440 + 1440p/EVGA 1080 FTW/512GB SSD/2TB HD/Antergos Base w/ Plasma

• Alright, I installed the ‘hostapd’ and the 'create_ap’ᴬᵁᴿ packages and it started working. Thank you so much! :D

• @Pill-Time :+1: .

I7 [email protected]/32GB Ram/3440 x 1440 + 1440p/EVGA 1080 FTW/512GB SSD/2TB HD/Antergos Base w/ Plasma

• The first time in my live I found the solution for this problem. In 5 minutes I fix the issue. Thanks a lot!!

Note:

I install “hostapd” and “create_ap-gui” from AUR. I create the acces point with “create_ap-gui” and click on “hotspot” in my wifi connection with the standar network manager connection. A connection appear with a password. Very easy. Thanks again!!!

Posts 5Views 925