• Problem with lockscreen

After install all of the updates (more than 500mb) I restart my Pc and after that I can’t log it’s pretty much like on my photo thanks for answer and sorry for my bad english.
    0_1460336972850_P_20160411_030638.jpg

• Your login screen you mean. In an earlier bug, you could just type your password in that empty box, press ENTER key and you were logged in. Give it a try to see if that works…
    I guess you are on Gnome, so, if the above doesn t work, you could switch from the Antergos default lightdm to the Gnome s` GDM…
    Install it with

sudo pacman -S gdm

then

sudo systemctl disable lightdm
    sudo systemctl enable gdm
    reboot

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• Thank you for your answer !! No, I tried to type my password everywhere but it doesn’t work. So thank you for gdm it work perfectly with it. And I think it’s even better with gdm than lightdm. So thank you !

• Glad it was resolved. :+1: Please, remember to mark your post as solved

Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500

• @anarch hi guys, i have the same problem…
    so how do you get to the terminal screen without 1st login in?

• anarch said in Problem with lockscreen:

Your login screen you mean. In an earlier bug, you could just type your password in that empty box, press ENTER key and you were logged in. Give it a try to see if that works…

@CribbsL8 Do you tried this?

• @voepew yes tried it and still can’t login

• so how do you get to the terminal screen without 1st login in?

Just press CTRL+ALT+F2

Cheers!

• The solution to change from lightDM to another dm like gdm doesn’t sound right …
    Also you (or the others who are reading here) don’t need to change if you don’t want.

https://forum.antergos.com/topic/4303/solved-lightdm-broken-after-web2gtk-and-intel-video-driver-update
    There was a problem with one package which is actually now solved, so login on an other terminal as karasu described and update again, cause the newest updates resolve the real problem. Thats the real cause of that problem and the right solution.

• It is not a matter of right or wrong, but one of choice, preference, hardware compatibility.
    Some hardware have issues, needing some digging.
    Others want the default DM of their DE.
    The use of Gnome Wayland
    The fact that you need to work with your computer and there is no time to wait for the Antergos devs to fix the broken Antergos configuration (not their fault of course)…
    Linux is fun because it gives you choices. Was I wrong to have my system set in a way that was not affected by the recent massive upgrade while still running “my own” Antergos?:+1:

• No no, your solution was for the short run absolutely right. I did it the same way ;) But perhaps now someone find this post after the guys of lightdm did fixed it already, so they don’t need to change to e.g. gdm, they only need to get the newest updates :) In this thread there is no hint, that the real cause of this was the broken updates (and here it was the package lightdm-webkit2-greeter).

Posts 11Views 2016