• antergos/gtk-theme-arc not working with gnome 3.20

gtk-theme-arc from antergos repository is not working with gnome 3.20, even tho Arc theme should work with 3.20, and it is indeed working if installed from aur package.
    I think package needs to be recompiled to add support for 3.20

• I had the same problem. Remove the installed theme and install gtk-theme-arc-git from the AUR. That one is updated to work with gnome 3.20

Antergos x86_64 running Gnome
    Intel i7-6500U Skylake 8GB DDR 3L
    Nvidia 940M Graphics.
    500GB Samsung EVO SSD
    Asus K501UB

• @Paul-Mac Yes, I’m aware of that, as I pointed it out already. I just wanted to mention it here on forums so Antergos team can fix it in official repositories.
    You don’t even need -git variant, you can install standard gtk-theme-arc from aur, it just needs to be recompiled for theme to recognize you are using gnome 3.20

• Sorry didn’t notice you said that, got a head of myself. Do you know of any other working themes?

Nvidia 940M Graphics.
    500GB Samsung EVO SSD
    Asus K501UB

• @Paul-Mac No, sorry, I only use that one, loving it so much that I don’t experiment with others.

• @Paul-Mac Vertex works fine as well. Vertex and Arc are the only themes I have that work at this time.

• @bmeister OK thanks. I found flat-plat works too. I’ll give vertex a shot and see how it looks, not really liking the Arc theme. I like a theme where the gnome panel and title bars for windows match, like in Numix-SX. I find it more consistent looking. Thanks again.

Nvidia 940M Graphics.
    500GB Samsung EVO SSD
    Asus K501UB

• Interesting, my gnome panel and and title bars match with Arc. You did select Arc shell theme correct?

• @bmeister Yeah, I did. There is a bit of transparency I didn’t like. I’m too picky I guess. Besides, I couldnt handle the gnome desktop, as I have been using Mate since it came out i think. Mate and mutter is a nice combination.

Nvidia 940M Graphics.
    500GB Samsung EVO SSD
    Asus K501UB

• Solved with update. Thanks Antergos team!

• @bojanstipic 👍 .

I7 [email protected]/32GB Ram/3440 x 1440 + 1440p/EVGA 1080 FTW/512GB SSD/2TB HD/Antergos Base w/ Plasma

• @Paul-Mac Thanks, this solved my problem!!!

Posts 12Views 4430
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.