• Impossible update for dependencies issues with lightdm-webkit2-greeter

I successfully updated my system and all works flawlessly. My post should be marked as solved.
    But I see many impatient friends here still having problems, what should I do @Wyn? 🙇🏼

• This is a real minor problem, but I am interested, if anybody else experienced it: the webkit greeter starts now, but has a black background instead of an image. Xfce became a bit “laggy” when starting. I see a dark background with the x shaped mouse cursor for a few seconds. That’s Xorg with no window manager loaded, as I understand?

• Yes, that happens on Cinnamon too.
    Also, all dialogs and buttons are out of place and all in one color: grey.

• I’m also having a similar issue with OpenBox. Laggy transition on login, Plank flies near the top of the screen, goes back down when I open another program in a window =O

• Thanks for the few who jumped in the pool first and found this issue… I was burned in the past and learned to look for posts like this before upgrading gnome. Just upgraded 150+ packages. No problem. The only minor issue with gnome now is the desktop image is gone again.

Using tweak UI, the background / desktop image is only displayed if theme is set to “High Contrast”… using Adawita or any of the Numix ones results in no desktop image (grey background).

I found that if I toggled “Icon’s on Desktop” OFF and ON again a few times, the desktop image showed up again in Adawita and the desktop icons still worked. Little glitch with easy work around.

• Here I can confirm too , after lightdm update all is solved. Thanks!
    Cheers.

• @fabio They could manually change there mirrorlist to find a better mirror in /etc/pacman.d/antergos-mirrorlist.

• Thanks. Update has worked.

• Problems here in Gnome here.

Trying to update system and get:

$ sudo pacman -Syu

resolving dependencies…
    looking for conflicting packages…
    error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
    :: gnome-shell-extension-impatience-git: installing gnome-shell (3.20.0-2) breaks dependency ‘gnome-shell<3.19’

And yet, almost 600Mb update pending.

Any ideas how to solve this?
    Should I wait for developers? Is there any fix coming?

Thx all.

• @bCPRZ , disable the Iimpatience extention from the Ubuntu Tweak Tool and try again.

• Thank you @anarch
    I tried this a few hours ago and it worked.

However, thank you very much for the answer.

• @blackris said in Impossible update for dependencies issues with lightdm-webkit2-greeter:

This is a real minor problem, but I am interested, if anybody else experienced it: the webkit greeter starts now, but has a black background instead of an image. Xfce became a bit “laggy” when starting. I see a dark background with the x shaped mouse cursor for a few seconds. That’s Xorg with no window manager loaded, as I understand?

I’ve the same bug here. I’m using Gnome.
    Anybody else???

• Still not working. Can’t update my system. How to resolve it? It’s rather urgent.
    Not working either on Cinnamon or Gnome. Please help.

• What exactly is not working? there are lots of workarounds (temporary or permanent) mentioned here. Besides the final fix since yesterday.
    EDIT: You mention what DEs you re working with, but NOT the one you re working…😕

• Working both on Cinnamon and Gnome. Each DE on different laptops. But I still get a broken dependencies info: (Polish, but I think it’s easy to guess the meaning)

[sudo] hasło użytkownika greh: 
    :: Synchronizowanie baz danych z pakietami…
     core                                                             121,1 KiB  1730K/s 00:00 [####################################################] 100%
     extra                                                           1745,4 KiB  4,91M/s 00:00 [####################################################] 100%
     community                                                          3,4 MiB  4,59M/s 00:01 [####################################################] 100%
     multilib                                                         160,9 KiB  2,07M/s 00:00 [####################################################] 100%
     archlinuxfr                                                       11,3 KiB  0,00B/s 00:00 [####################################################] 100%
    :: Rozpoczynanie pełnej aktualizacji systemu…
    rozwiązywanie zależności…
    szukanie sprzecznych pakietów...
    błąd:  nie udało się przygotować transakcji (nie udało się rozwiązać zależności)
    :: lightdm-webkit2-greeter: instalacja webkit2gtk (2.12.0-2) zależność przerw 'webkit2gtk<2.12'
    :: lightdm-webkit2-greeter: instalacja gtk3 (3.20.2-1) zależność przerw 'gtk3<3.20'

```
  • I found that if I toggled “Icon’s on Desktop” OFF and ON again a few times, the desktop image showed up again in Adawita and the desktop icons still worked. Little glitch with easy work around.

The work around above does not survive a reboot for me… upon reboot desktop image is missing again. I just go back to Tweak UI and toggle the “Icon’s on Desktop” and the desktop image returns but is gone again as soon as I reboot.

• @greh242 , Ipersonally I don t know and I suggest you open a new thread. What puzzles me is that I cannot see the Antergos repo in your screenshot. Could you run

sudo pacman -Syyu

and see if it gets anything better?

• @anarch I’ve commented Antergos repo. I’m using Arhlinuxfr repo instead. Is it bad? The above mentioned screenshot is the direct result of the

sudo pacman -Syyu
  • I guess it is, because the fix came from the Antergos part (due to Antergos configuration). In my system. I have deleted the whole pack of lightdm as I use GDM and don t want any lightdm staff interfere with my system, but I don t know what will happen to yours with the Antergos repo commented.
    If you want a more reliable help, please open a new thread…

• And what if I uncomment the Antergos repo, and comment the Archlinuxfr repo? Will it work?

Posts 84Views 41101
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.