Installed Antergos using 2016.03.20 ISO with GNOME DE
- Issue: LightDM does not remember default session
- Description: After first installation I tried to use GNOME on Wayland session to see if it worked by default; it didn’t so I switched to standard GNOME session. On subsequent logins/reboots it would always default to GNOME on Wayland despite GNOME now being default.
- What have you tried?: Confirming ~/.dmrc and /var/lib/AccountsService/users/username are set to gnome. Tried user_xsession.py
- Workaround: Enable GDM
- Issue: GRUB_DEFAULT=n is not respected
- Description: Installed linux-zen and wished for GRUB to use it as the default menu entry, so I changed GRUB_DEFAULT to the correct menu entry but it continued using the default kernel(first menu entry?).
- What have you tried?: Attempted changing GRUB_DEFAULT to the correct entry and even specified the menu title but GRUB continued using the default kernel(first menu entry?).
- Workaround: Disabled /etc/grub.d/10_antergos and enabled /etc/grub.d/10_linux with
sudo chmod -x /etc/grub.d/10_antergos ; sudo chmod +x /etc/grub.d/10_linux
GRUB_DEFAULT works as expected afterwards
Just thought I’d mention these in case anyone else experiences these issues, if I missed something or if anyone knows the proper fix. I’m perfectly fine with the workarounds.