• [POLL] Which Video Player Do You Use Most Often?

• Bomi. Based on mpv. http://bomi-player.github.io/

(Did you make a new topic because you screwed up the poll? 😛 )

I7 [email protected]/32GB Ram/3440 x 1440 + 1440p/EVGA 1080 FTW/512GB SSD/2TB HD/Antergos Base w/ Plasma

• Actually, I am using KODI…

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 18.04 64bit Gnome
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• On desktop/laptop mpv 99% of the time, mplayer on occasion. On the Pi i reach for omxplayer or Kodi.

• VLC, no matter where!

• I’ve always used VLC, but I’m having small problems lately (it lags when seeking in mkv files, for instance).

When this happens, I use mplayer. It’s old but rock solid (if you fancy a gui there’re a lot out there).

Cheers!

EDIT: I do not believe nobody uses totem (lol). I tried Parole (by the xfce guys) a long time ago… and it was useless (I hope this has changed, but I haven’t tried it since).

• I was never fond of totem, but since the revamp to GNOME Videos, I tottaly dig the interface, plus it plays everything I have thrown to it! And it’s lightweight and GNOMe consistent.

• Totem, aka Gnome videos. I use Gnome DE and I like my stuff consistent. Totem has been great lately!!! all video files I’ve thrown at it play from .wmv to .mkv

• i totally agree with @karasu same thing happened to me.

• Kodi for my Film & TV show library for everything else SMplayer.

• I use GNOME MPlayer

Cheers! I don't know what I'm talking about!

• smplayer most the time and VLC sometimes. i think they both work great but smplayer has a better options area. can really tweak the player very easily.

• I use VLC all the time.

Ethernet Extender

• I’m surprised that mpv wasn’t made an option as it’s becoming increasingly popular. I use mpv with a vapoursynth script to get 60FPS motion smoothing from non-60FPS sources. While MPV doesn’t need a GUI front-end, some people do like to use the GTK-based GNOME MPV or the Qt-based Bomi. It’s much better than mplayer.

• VLC all the way.

• VLC never let me down 😉

• @Wyn bomi +1 really a good player (better than vlc for me)

• @karasu said in [POLL] Which Video Player Do You Use Most Often?:

I’ve always used VLC, but I’m having small problems lately (it lags when seeking in mkv files, for instance).

When this happens, I use mplayer. It’s old but rock solid (if you fancy a gui there’re a lot out there).

Cheers!

EDIT: I do not believe nobody uses totem (lol). I tried Parole (by the xfce guys) a long time ago… and it was useless (I hope this has changed, but I haven’t tried it since).

@karasu I had the same problem with VLC and there is an easy fix for that
    In “Simple Preferences --> Video” set Output to “OpenGL GLX video output”

The other problem I had with VLC was sound out of sync.
    To fix that problem go to "Simple Preferences --> Audio"
    Change Output module from “Automatic” to “ALSA audio output” and change Device to "PulseAudio Sound Server"
    Hope this helps

• @karasu
    I’m glad you mentioned Parole- I generally love XFCE, but sadly, Parole is still awful. I get a big green screen and audio, but that’s it; whereas VLC worked straight out of the box. Sadly not VLC is being chunky and slow too. Weird. 😕

• Hi,

Guys, @mmstickman is right. Try mpv (and if you need/want a GUI, there’re plenty of them).

I’ve found out that mpv plays anything and takes low resources (at least here).

Cheers!

Posts 31Views 7330
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.