• [POLL] Which Video Player Do You Use Most Often?

• Bomi. Based on mpv. http://bomi-player.github.io/

(Did you make a new topic because you screwed up the poll? :P )

I7 [email protected]/32GB Ram/3440 x 1440 + 1440p/EVGA 1080 FTW/512GB SSD/2TB HD/Antergos Base w/ Plasma

• Actually, I am using KODI…

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.04 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• On desktop/laptop mpv 99% of the time, mplayer on occasion. On the Pi i reach for omxplayer or Kodi.

• VLC, no matter where!

• I’ve always used VLC, but I’m having small problems lately (it lags when seeking in mkv files, for instance).

When this happens, I use mplayer. It’s old but rock solid (if you fancy a gui there’re a lot out there).

Cheers!

EDIT: I do not believe nobody uses totem (lol). I tried Parole (by the xfce guys) a long time ago… and it was useless (I hope this has changed, but I haven’t tried it since).

• I was never fond of totem, but since the revamp to GNOME Videos, I tottaly dig the interface, plus it plays everything I have thrown to it! And it’s lightweight and GNOMe consistent.

• Totem, aka Gnome videos. I use Gnome DE and I like my stuff consistent. Totem has been great lately!!! all video files I’ve thrown at it play from .wmv to .mkv

• i totally agree with @karasu same thing happened to me.

• Kodi for my Film & TV show library for everything else SMplayer.

• I use GNOME MPlayer

Cheers! I don't know what I'm talking about!

• smplayer most the time and VLC sometimes. i think they both work great but smplayer has a better options area. can really tweak the player very easily.

• This post is deleted!
  • I use VLC all the time.

Ethernet Extender

• I’m surprised that mpv wasn’t made an option as it’s becoming increasingly popular. I use mpv with a vapoursynth script to get 60FPS motion smoothing from non-60FPS sources. While MPV doesn’t need a GUI front-end, some people do like to use the GTK-based GNOME MPV or the Qt-based Bomi. It’s much better than mplayer.

• VLC all the way.

• VLC never let me down ;)

• @Wyn bomi +1 really a good player (better than vlc for me)

• @karasu said in [POLL] Which Video Player Do You Use Most Often?:

I’ve always used VLC, but I’m having small problems lately (it lags when seeking in mkv files, for instance).

When this happens, I use mplayer. It’s old but rock solid (if you fancy a gui there’re a lot out there).

Cheers!

EDIT: I do not believe nobody uses totem (lol). I tried Parole (by the xfce guys) a long time ago… and it was useless (I hope this has changed, but I haven’t tried it since).

@karasu I had the same problem with VLC and there is an easy fix for that
    In “Simple Preferences --> Video” set Output to “OpenGL GLX video output”

The other problem I had with VLC was sound out of sync.
    To fix that problem go to "Simple Preferences --> Audio"
    Change Output module from “Automatic” to “ALSA audio output” and change Device to "PulseAudio Sound Server"
    Hope this helps

• @karasu
    I’m glad you mentioned Parole- I generally love XFCE, but sadly, Parole is still awful. I get a big green screen and audio, but that’s it; whereas VLC worked straight out of the box. Sadly not VLC is being chunky and slow too. Weird. :/

Posts 26Views 2317