• Antergos and EUFI Secure Boot

Is there anything special that needs to be done on a computer with Windows 8 (hence, EUFI Secure boot) to install Antergos?

To start with, I would switch from EUFI to legacy mode which (I think) makes the process indistinguishable from a traditional BIOS.

• Is there anything special that needs to be done on a computer with Windows 8 (hence, EUFI Secure boot) to install Antergos?

To start with, I would switch from EUFI to legacy mode which (I think) makes the process indistinguishable from a traditional BIOS.

• Hi,

You are correct. Using legacy mode is the easiest way to go currently. It is possible to boot using UEFI but the process can be different from one manufacturer to the next and often involves having to manually create entries from the shell. If you enable legacy boot then there are no extra steps required, the installer will take care of it for you. The installer will also attempt to get UEFI bootloader installed if you choose to go that route, however… Please let me know how everything goes, I have been working on UEFI boot for the past two days so any feedback will be helpful!

Best Regards,

Posts 3Views 2222